Monday, April 27, 2015

Today - with Katie

Good Morning! Happy Monday to you all. I am here with my last post for this month and I decided to try a simple, graphic kind of layout. Mostly because I think it suited the photo and some kind of "vision" that I had in my head, maybe from seeing something similar by someone else!

I started with a white base (actually I almost always start with a white base, so I guess this part wasn't so different!), and kept everything very clean, either black, white, wood veneer or silver. The only colour was from the picture. I also used some pearl texture paste on the background to give some texture and interest without competing with the overall feel of the page. So let's check it out!


So, you can see that even though it is very clean page there is still quite a few D-lish goodies packed on without overwhelming it. And can you see how the pearl texture paste shines?! It is so cool.

So here you can see a silver sequin bow, clustered with one of the new silver flairs which I also used as the title and white enamel dot, and underneath layered with the photo is one of the new silver paper bags and a white doily (mental reminder, need to stock up on white doilies).
 
On this side I added a Journal It spot (also need more of these...) and wood drop from Pink Fresh Studio, I just love the mix of wood and enamel that they came up with. Also you can see the corner of the great wood veneer frame that I used over the photo.

 

Another wood drop and a different Journal It at the top of the page just to create interest and a flow around the photo and I was done. So a simple page, but I love the clean feel to it. Sometimes less is definitely more!

I hope this has inspired you to try something a little different, and now I need to go and re-stock on some of my favourite bits and bobs!

Until next time,


Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment