Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pretty Pastels - with Katie

Good Morning to you all! So how many of you were up early for an ANZAC Day service of some variety? I can say that I proudly attended my first dawn service in Brisbane city. Hard slog to get up so early, but I figured that the centenary service was the one to do this for!

Leading up to attending my husband and I decided to do some family research and just see who in our extended families may have been involved. Well, we found a treasure trove of information on the Australian Archives site including digitised documents for a few of our relatives, and now we are waiting to see some more that have been requested.

We found on my side my Great Great Grandfather, a Great Uncle and a Great Great Uncle all served in WW1 with the AIF and while they weren't at Gallipoli they made it to France and the Western Front. They were lucky in that they all returned home, which is amazing in it's own right. And then also my Grandfather served in the RAAF during the end of WW2 and was up in Papua New Guinea, he returned home too, if he hadn't neither my Father nor I would be here.

On my husband's side we found two Great Uncle's who both served in WW2, one who died in battle in Papua New Guinea and who also may have been involved in the Battle of Torbruk and his brother who also served in PNG, but made it home.
 


So after that small tribute, let's have some crafty fun.

Today I am sharing a page that was inspired by the pretty pastels that seem to be on so many challenge blogs mood boards this month.


 I used quite old photos here, given this is my second daughter at pre-school and she is now in year 9! My how time flies! But I have no issue with scrapping photos "out of order" I prefer to scrap what I feel I need to tell a particular story. As you can probably see there are lots of great D-lish goodies on this page!

 So, I splurged recently on some more resin bits and bobs, including these gorgeous butterflies, isn't the colour a perfect fit?! There is also an enamel dot and Journal It tab from a monochrome pack, I love these two things for helping throw together a small cluster.


Here I have clustered Pastel Petals paper flowers, which are my favourites right now, with a paper rose, a Journal It spot from the same monochrome pack, Flair, Crochet Heart and a pretty pink coloured paper doily.


And another small cluster with the date. I used a date tab that was already marked with slashes, but as I didn't have an exact date I just wrote my words to try and line up with these so you don't notice too much!

So there you have it, pretty pastels! I am really enjoying the pastel palette at the moment, maybe there will be another layout or two before I am done with these colours!

So glad you stopped by, I am off now to bake some ANZAC bikkies and relax before going to see the new Avengers movie! Hmmm Thor.....

See you soon,

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment