Sunday, April 5, 2015

Meet Maria Cunnington | Guest D-lish Designer

Today we're profiling our first guest designer here at D-lish Scraps. Meet Maria Cunnington ...


We put Maria in the hot seat so we could get to know her a little better.

Where are you from? I live in southern NSW with my husband and 4 children.
Tell us about your scrapping journey so far ... I started scrapbooking in 2008 and haven’t really stopped since. I have done a stint on the D-lish Scraps Creative team and I have been published in Scrapbooking Memories several times as well as getting an Honourable Mention this year. I have also been on the Scrappers Garden design team for the past 12 months.
Define your style ... My style is always changing and quite eclectic. I don’t tend to stick to one style. I use like to create mixed media back grounds and use flowers.
Where do you draw inspiration from? I draw my inspiration from several sources firstly I would say the photo has a big impact on this, I take the colours from the photo and use that as a starting point. I also peruse Pinterest, Facebook and magazines.
What is your go-to embellishment/s? One thing you will always most find on my layouts is flowers and lots of them, I love to put a cluster or two of flowers on every page.
When you're not scrapping ... When I am not scrapbooking you will find me sewing, cooking  and running around after my 4 children.
What is your greatest achievement? My greatest scrapping achievement to date would have to be, being featured on the front cover of Scrapbooking Memories magazine followed closely by my Honourable Mention in Scrapbooking Memories and being published for the first time.
Tell us something fun about yourself! I swore I would never scrapbook my kids, took a class and I was hooked. It has taken my places I would have never imagined.

Maria has created some stunning pages using a variety of D-lish Scraps flowers and other goodies. She will be back on the 12th to share with you all what she has been making!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete