Thursday, April 16, 2015

Meet Lisa Skinner | Guest D-lish Designer

Today we're profiling our current guest designer here at D-lish Scraps. Meet Lisa Skinner ...


We put Lisa in the hot seat so we could get to know her a little better.

Where are you from? Melbourne, Victoria
Tell us about your scrapping journey so far ... I have been a traditional scrapper for about 15 years and more recently started Project Life. I like to give most things a go, along with mixed media as well.
Define your style ... hmmm, I don’t like to pigeon hole my style as I think it’s ever changing and evolving. Most people would probably describe it as clean, neat or pretty.
Where do you draw inspiration from? Instagram, You Tube, Pinterest, Facebook, magazines or even random things like fabric or stationary.
What is your go-to embellishment/s? I love Ephemera packs, enamels dots, sequins, puffy stickers. Oh so many things – I love embellishments!
What’s your creative ‘trademark’? I would have to say layering. Whether it is a traditional layout, a Project Life spread or a card – I love to add layers using papers, vellum & ephemera.
When you’re not scrapping … I am busy being a Mum – spending time with my family, working, having coffee or lunch with a friend or getting that inspiration from the internet and dreaming about scrapping.
What is your greatest achievement? If we are talking life achievements then that would have to be surviving cancer 12 years ago. I'm pretty grateful for that.
Tell us something fun about yourself! I like to cook and watch cooking shows. I often make up recipes and my kids love to rate my food like they are judges on the TV show My Kitchen Rules. I have a very old recipe book that has lots of recipes glued in to it and stuffed in to the plastic sleeves of it - my kids fight over it, as to who will get it when I die!

Lisa has created some fabulous projects using goodies from the D-lish Scraps store. Be sure to pop back here on the 24th when Lisa will share what she has been making!

No comments:

Post a Comment