Friday, April 24, 2015

Lisa Skinner - Guest Designer Project Share


Hi it's Lisa here to share some projects with you today that I have created for my Guest Spot at D-lish Scraps. The product in the shop is so varied & versatile it really can be added to anything in your stash to give that extra special touch to your projects. My crafting style is fairly mixed - so I am showing you a bit of everything.


First up I have done a Project Life layout. I have been doing project life for almost a year & I like to combine it in my albums along with my traditional layouts. It's a great way to capture the everyday stuff that happens, even though they may not be perfect photos.
I have used cards from the gorgeous Pink Fresh UITC range, combined with some wood veneers, sequins, gold rub ons & puffy stickers to bring it all together. I love the water colour effects on these cards - it is so on trend at the moment, which means it works really well with other papers that you may already have. Ive used some papers from Amy Tangerine.


Here is a closer look at the left side of the page. I have made a shaker pocket - which I love to do, I think it adds to the softness of this page. The small sequins are from the shop & they come in the most gorgeous little jars! I also popped in some of the wood veneer and puffy stickers. I adhered two of the puffy stickers back to back so they can be seen on both sides & don't stick to everything else.


Here is a closer look at the right hand side. Some more puffy stickers, rub ons & wood veneer to bring it all together. I used a stamp from my stash to stamp on coloured paper to add another element.


Next up I have a traditional layout to share. I love, love, love these flowers 
I got from the shop - they are called Pastel petals.
They are so soft & sweet I played around with them for a bit & decided that I'd try something different other than a cluster. I created the background using co-ordinating patterned papers which I cut in to 1 inch strips. I used a metal ruler to help tease up the sides. I also blended some gelatos with water on cellophane packaging so I could apply it gently to the white card stock. Some layering of papers to mat my photo. Some rub ons, a big sprinkling of the flowers and sequins


Here are some close ups of the details.


My last project share for D-lish Scraps is a card & gift bag, featuring the gorgeous After 5 flowers. They are so beautiful & add great impact while still keeping a soft look. I love the chevron paper bags - I have made it in to a gift bag by adding a few pretties. This could easily hold a gift card, a voucher or small gift. Doilies, in my opinion are made for layering. I love the special touch they add - Gold is also very on trend at the moment so these items went well with lots of papers in my stash. 

I hope you enjoy my shares, if you have any questions please leave them in the comments so I can get back to you. Thanks Amanda for having me as a guest at D-lish Scraps, you stock some amazingly versatile product that is a great addition to any crafty stash.

Lisa xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment