Saturday, April 11, 2015

Hi: A card with lots of texture!


Hi there lovelies!

I'm here with my last project for the month, and thought I'd show you a card.

The beautiful products sold in the D-lish store are so easy to put together and really beg to be made into a multi-dimensional card, full of colour and lovely texture.


I started out with a white cardbase, and then added some gold diamonds using the SFX Diamond Confetti Stencil and some Gold Delicate Ink (love that stuff). I set that aside to dry and then went about adding some Hero Arts White Pigment Unicorn Ink, to the chipboard SFX - Butterfly Circle Small.  
I needed to add several coats of the white ink, to make it bright enough, but a thin layer of Gesso on the chipboard first, would have been a better idea, and would've helped the ink to stay on top of the chipboard rather than soaking in (remember that for next time!)



Once those were all dry, I got to work playing with my other elements, and arranged them how I wanted.

I used the following fun products:




Colourblock Veneers - Envelopes
Tutu Bloom-Cerise
Muslin-Antique Pink


For the sentiment, I used some Amy Tangerine thickers.

I hope you enjoyed this! I'll be making more textural and interesting cards like these soon!

See you next time!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment