Thursday, April 9, 2015

Here We Go!



Hello!!

I'm so so very excited to be here today to introduce myself and share with you my first project as a D-lish Designer!



My name is Linda, I'm a wife to Matt, who's very supportive of my craft-mania, and I'm mama to 3 girls who love to watch me work and sometimes help or craft along side me.  I live in Perth, Western Australia, and I've been crafting for about five years.
I'm a Scrapbooking Memories Master for 2015, which was such a fantastic surprise, and I'm the owner of A Blog Named Hero (a challenge blog for lovers of Hero Arts products).  I do crochet, card making, scrapbooking and off the page projects. I love mixed media but also lots of white space.

I'm so happy to have been chosen for this team and I hope I can inspire you to create!


Here is my first project:


I wanted to work with some new pearl/metallic watercolour paints I picked up ages ago. They've been sitting there looking at me for a while :)


First I added some Gesso using a palette knife and scraped it onto my white yardstick base. I left some of it thicker, and some thinner, I wanted it to add a quiet layer of texture behind everything else.

Once that was dry, I added several colours of paint, and added more layers on top to ensure the vibrancy that I wanted was there. I dried that using my heat gun, and then got to work embellishing the layout, using my goodies from D-lish.

I had quite a dark photo to use, so I wanted the layout and the embellishments to mostly be quite bright. I started off with some Muslin in Grey and  Wire in Lime, which I twisted around a roll of paper towel, to get it at the size I wanted.




I wanted the circle of wire to 'frame' the photo in a way, but sit in a particular spot (I'm fussy lol), so I was very happy this turned out nicely.

Next I added flowers and bows.

 I used
Green Tara Leaf Spray in White
Tutu Bloom in Turquoise
Wild Roses in Purple and Coral
Trellis Roses in Neutral
Resin Bow



I added some Heidi Swapp Glimmer spray, with the SFX Random Dots Stencil, I also added some stamping using the SFX Hash Stamp--such a great design to use for a background.

That's it! I hope you like my first project for D-lish.

See you tomorrow!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment