Sunday, April 26, 2015

Cards - with Katie

Well, I know that I have said previously that I am not much of a card maker, but I had so much fun with the last ones that I decided to try my hand at some more!

When you are starting with pretties from D-lish Scraps it is way too easy to throw together a quick card! Especially if you have your hands on some of the great CardFetti! This makes it even easier.


This card is pretty simple, just how I like it! Have you checked out the Shabby Chiffon Rose trim? It comes in all sorts of colours and you can cut away just one flower and use it like I have here. I have also used the Scrap FX random dots stencil with distress ink on the background paper and splattered some water to create some interest and also some metallic distress sprays (these are gorgeous btw!). Add in a kraft shipping tag behind the flower wrapped in cotton twine, a pretty cabochon and finish off with a cardfetti sentiment.


I think this is one of my favourite cards. Again pretty simple, but big impact! I have used part of a gold foil doily with part of a gold spotty paper bag on my patterned paper background, then finished off with a gorgeous After 5's fabric bloom and a mini peg which I covered with a bit of glitter washi tape.  Final touch another sentiment from some cardfetti.



This last card, also very quick and simple, which if you haven't noticed by now is my card making motto! I started with some pretty patterned paper that I splattered some mist on, then I covered one of the shipping tags in some old book paper and also splattered some mist over and added a Pink Fresh Studio Wood Bead over the hole. Lay down a crisp white doily (probably the most versatile of them all, and they come in all sorts of sizes!) on your background, then place the tag and cluster a paper rose, wood veneer and Pink Fresh Studio die cut, and as with the others finish with a sentiment from a cardfetti sheet. Hey presto another card done!

So thanks for popping in today, and hopefully I have inspired you to go and make a card! Remember Mother's Day is not far away, any of these could have a Mother's Day message on them!

Until next time,


Katie x



No comments:

Post a Comment