Monday, April 13, 2015

" Adore "



Hi everyone,
 I am so excited to be here and proud to be able to share with you all my very first post for
D-lish Scraps as one of their new 
Designers.

For those that don't know me....
I am a happily married with three grown up children, 1 girl and 2 boys, my daughter has given me 2 adorable granddaughters. 
You will get to know them all via my layouts.

I live in the beautiful Lake Macquarie area of NSW, Australia.

I became a SAHM in 2011 and apart from renovating our home I loved nothing more than to tinker in my garden creating a beautiful place where both my hubby and I  love to sit and unwind.
My "big sis" Julianne (scrap sister/BFF) decided in 2012 that I needed to learn cardmaking. When I decided that card making wasn't my thing she introduced me to the world of scrapbooking. A couple of  in home classes and some other shop classes and I was away, creating layouts with any spare time I had. 
I tried a few different styles, watched numerous tutorials online, read all the magazines and followed heaps of blogs and last year needing to stretch my scrapping decided to give online challenges a go.
I don't have any particular style but I like LOTS OF EVERYTHING on my layouts.
I  fill my pages with colour and adore mixed media backgrounds, working with inks and paints and texture paste. The messier the better. As you will see I love to add lots of layers, embellies and flowers (of course) to my pages. 
I have a very supportive hubby for my obsession and even though I am lucky enough to have my own room in my home for my craft I have rapidly  outgrown it. My gorgeous scrap widower (hubby) lol lol is in the process of  redesigned another area which will give me heaps more space and storage. Stayed tuned for more on my new scrap area which my youngest son has named 
" The Confetti Box "
I love this art and have been blown away by being published in Australian Scrapbook Ideas and Australian Scrapbook Memories. I was featured in  Scrapbook Memories recently as"Technique of the Month" .
I have been featured and have won a few online challenges.

  When I saw the DT call for  D-lish Scraps I knew it was perfect for me and lucky for me they thought so too.

So here goes....


 When I saw the gorgeous April Moodboard I just knew that I wanted my first share at D-lish to be a layout inspired by it.


This would have to be one of my favourite colour combinations.


This is my eldest son Jake and his fiancee Laura taken awhile ago now but its a nice photo and I have wanted to scrap it for awhile now. I made the photo black and white and scratched the edges to white. Its a look I'm using a lot at the moment. I framed their photo with the small Butterfly frame which i had painted gold.



 In the cluster at the bottom of the layout you can see I have used, White-Film-Strip the word Adore out of the -Wordlet-PackPaper Doily which I cut in half, a couple of roses which I coloured with Gelatos till I got the shade I was after. Oh and of course the "so lovely "Flair.



I love the Mini-Feathers, so I painted them gold dripping them 
down to the flower cluster at the bottom.
You can see I added a pink Oriental-Lillie next to
 the butterflies and little cupid on the otherside of the photo.



The heart that I used was an old single one I had floating around, so I 
covered it with some paper and cut it out. Not one to waste any bits.
More of the gorgeous D-lish roses and those stunning After-5s flowers in the dusty pink.




I try to add lots of different species of flowers as 
I think it adds lots more interest to my layouts. 
I also like to add heaps of goodies like the Star-Clip on the corner of the photo 
and the Flair on the tag above it.





Thanks for stopping by and I hope
you have enjoyed my first layout as a design team member .

See you all tomorrow for a layout of my grand daughter  Milly May.


Keep smiling,


 Carol xx


No comments:

Post a Comment