Saturday, March 21, 2015

Playing with Paper Bags - with Katie

Hi There! Katie here today to share with you an idea on how you can use those pretty patterned paper bags we all love to hoard from D-lish! (I hope that I am not the only one hoarding these!)

My thought has always been that you can use these bags just like patterned paper on your projects, they are great for matting photos and layering with patterned paper and even using as a pocket, but have you thought about cutting them up and opening them out to make longer strips? This is what I did for my page.


I used only one paper bag, but you could layer strips from more than one and create a great background.  Don't forget there are different sized bags too, so you have many options! You can check out all the cool bags here.


Now, besides the pretty paper bag, there is lots of other D-lish goodness on my page! I have been loving the FX Scrap stencils, these are a hot seller and sell just as fast as they come in, but Amanda is ordering them regularly so keep a look out! I used the Scribble Stencil with white texture paste, I like the look of white on white, adding texture without taking away from the other things on the page. You might also spot the cute sequin bow and journal it spot (which I cut down).


I have also been playing with the FX Scraps stamps, here I used the hash stamps. There is also a FX Scraps chipboard frame, so many cool things from these guys! Throw in a coloured doily and another journal it and layering is easy!


Here is a close up of the bag strips, can you see the cool glass Cabochons on the dots!

So, there you have it, another idea on using your paper bag stash. Make sure you come back to see my next idea on using paper bags.



Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment