Friday, March 27, 2015

Now for Something Different!

Katie back again for my last post of the month. And as the heading suggests it will be something a little bit different!

I really needed to sort out my ever growing D-lish Scraps stash and thought I would share with you my thoughts and storage finds. Now I first need to say that I surprised even myself with how much I have, and I don't think I have too much room for expansion!

So let's start with some pictures of my scrapping space. I have a corner in our large dining room area, it is combined with our general home office space and works well. It is on the small side, but I have everything I need at hand and it forces me to clean out and de-stash regularly to keep it in check!


Ok, so this is my main storage area and to the right you can see my desk, laptop ready for watching my programs while I scrap! Oh and by the way, it does not normally look tidy like this! I usually have my trimmer and bag of scraps and other bits and pieces sitting in the space in front of the sprays!


This was how I had my D-lish stash stored. A couple of purpose bought containers and then boxes as new things arrived! Overflowing as you can see.


To sort out my stash I grouped by product type. (Please excuse the un-vacuumed rug!) A fair bit there to put away!


I found these little single layer drawer units at a local cheapie shop (Daiso) and thought they would be perfect underneath the spray storage, and they are! I have even labelled each draw so I know (read remember) what is in each without having to open.


You can see they hold a fair bit, although I must say, I have way more flair than I realised! Hmmm, mental note, do cybercrop challenge focusing on flairs....


Obviously the above wasn't going to be adequate to hold all my stuff. So I bought 6 of these little divided containers from the same shop. They are great to sort like things out into, flowers, resin, buttons etc.


Then I bought a big box to store the smaller boxes in and one last little box to store mainly the larger bits of Freckled Fawn and Pink Fresh Studio (I seem to rather have an obsession with these manufacturers!).

These boxes get stored under my desk out of the way when I am not using them and need my desk to look tidy. And now we are all done. I can find things so much easier now and they are easy to pack away!

Now, while we are here I can't let you go without sharing something pretty can I? Just for some fun I decided to have a go at some cards (now I am not a big card maker, so they are all pretty quick cards!). But I also decided to use the paint smear technique that is currently part of one of the challenges in this months cyber crop. By the way, you still have until mid April to join in the cyber crop if you haven't joined in yet. Just click on the link in the side bar to join the Scrap Suite Facebook group.


I don't have too many paints in tubes anymore, mainly watercolour pans and watercolour crayons. So I decided to smear some Dylusions spray mist (you probably noticed from the photo that I have just a few spray mists!). I dropped some colour onto the card base and used a credit card to smear the ink across, and I think it worked out ok! I love the bright colours of the Dylusions too, so pretty. To finish off I used a wood veneer frame that I dry brushed with gesso, some paper flowers (hydrangea petals and roses), wordfetti and enamel dots. The paper roses were white and I used the sprays to colour them to match.


For this card I started out with some acrylic paint that I smeared on the background to create a base. Once dry I used the star Scrap FX stencil with some coloured texture paste to create some texture on the background. Wind some coloured twine around the card and knot, then grab a wood veneer (this one is from the set of cards - Hi/Live Life/Star ) and coloured with some distress stain ink and slide in under the twine, finish with some more wordfetti and sequins and lets call this one done!


This last card started out with acrylic paint smeared across the background too. Then add a trimmed doily, a Little Birdie butterfly and finish off with a sentiment made from coloured wire attached to a kraft shipping tag. Hey presto another quick and simple card!

Well, that is all from me this month. Thanks for stopping by and see you soon!



Katie x

1 comment:

  1. Like how organized your space is looking and wow that's a lot of flair buttons but lovin all your sprays :) hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete