Monday, March 23, 2015

More with Paper Bags - with Katie

Morning! I hope you had a crafty weekend! I am back today to give you another idea on how to use your stash of paper bags. I have made a mini album using some of the bitty bags, now I first have to say, I am not much of a mini album girl, so this was quite a different thing for me! But it was the perfect way to demonstrate the versatility of these great bags!

Bitty bags are fairly small (2.75inches x 4 inches), so the finished album is also pretty small, but you can pack a bit into an album this small by using the bags as pockets. So lets look at the album!



The way I assembled the album was to make my own tags from some kraft cardstock to be the right size to fit the bags with just a little bit of overhang. Then I put the bags inside the tags and used a hole punch to punch two holes on the side to keep everything together. I decided to use the spotty bitty bags for this one, and I used four bags. You could easily upscale this to fit with the small or 5x7 bags too. I also scored the front cover just away from the holes to make it easy to open.

To assemble I used some pretty coloured seam binding to tie it all together. On the cover I have used lots of goodies to decorate but I will list all the different things used in the album at the end of the post to make it easier. Being this small size makes it pretty quick to decorate too.

Now lets look inside!


I kept the layout of each page quite simple with a small square photo (2inchesx2inches - you can fit 6 this size on a 6x4!) and some coloured doily cut into strips or semi circles and then a couple of other small bits and pieces.


I have a pretty extensive stash of stamps (yes I have a problem!) and many of these are words or small phrases which are great to stamp and cut into small flag/banner like bits to add to the pages.


You can see that each page has its own little cluster of embellishments, which leaves room for the photo to shine, but adds enough interest so that it is not boring!


The wordfetti is also great to use if you don't have suitable stamps in your stash.


Even flair is not too big for this little project!


A strip of motex tape is another great way to add words or a small phrase. You could also cut this strip to a flag or banner shape at the ends.


Love these pastel petals flowers, they are my favourite at the moment! 


Inside each of the bags I added a tag, with some journalling documenting the story of the Easter event. Not a lot on each one, but enough to remember. Over the holes I added something like a flower or wood bead or threaded some cotton twine so it looks like a part of the decorated page.



List of supplies:

Bitty Bags
Coloured Paper Doilies
Paper Flowers - Pastel Petals, Apple Blossom, Little Birdie
Enamel Dots
Wood Veneer - Symbols
Resin Flowers Rose, Mini Daisy, Rose Flower Center
Motex Writer and tape (neon pink, green)
Freckled Fawn - Small arrow paperclip
D-lish Flair (originally from monochrome kit)
Shipping Tags - Kraft - Large
Pink Fresh Studio - Wood Drops, Wood Beads
Cotton Twine 
Wordfetti (originally from monochrome kits)
Metal Photo Corner
Dyed Wooden Button - Mini Hearts

So there you have it, my mini album with paper bags. Not a new concept by any means, but a reminder of another great thing that you can do with the pretty paper bags in your stash!

Thanks for stopping by and see you soon.



Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment