Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Inspired by Lynn - with Katie

Good Morning and welcome to my last post for February. Wow, another month almost down, a bit scary how quickly this year seems to be going by already.

Any hoo, you can't stop time, so let's use it to scrap instead! Today I am bringing you a page inspired by the lovely Lynn and her sketch for the February cyber crop. Again, you still have time to participate in this as we are now giving you until the next cyber crop to get your entries in! All you have to do is be a part of the Scrap Suite Facebook group (see the button in the sidebar to join) and read the rules for each challenge.

First up, here is the sketch:


And now for my take on the page:


We had such a fabulous time at Comic Con last year and I took so many photos (all on my phone mind you!) that my daughter and I are already planning on costumes for ourselves this year! While we were in the queue to have our photo taken with Orlando Bloom (Yes that Orlando Bloom! And he is absolutely gorgeous! That is a story for another page!) we found this group all dressed up as characters from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and they looked fabulous. So of course we asked to have a photo!



Lots of D-lish goodness on my page today. Let's start with the paper doilies, so useful and great for layering, love using the Journal It's journal spots, add a couple of flowers including a new pretty  pastel petal (love these!) and a little resin one and finish off with a bit of wood veneer and we are all good!


I have been having so much fun with my new Scrap Fx goodies too, check out the stencil work on my background using the chevron stencil. Use a bit of pumice stone distress ink and make it a subtle pattern on my background. I have just been loving using my little tubes of sequins that came with the monochrome mini-kits, and the flair came from one of these kits too. I really hope Amanda makes some more of these as I still have a few colours that I didn't get last time! I am also loving the new short arrow paper clips from Freckled Fawn (ok I love all Freckled Fawn!). I think I ended up getting them in every colour!


Using paper bags to mat your photo is so easy and there are so many colours and patterns you are spoilt for choice! The mixed bags are a great way to start as you get a rainbow of colours to choose from! I love adding wood veneer too, and sometimes these little speech bubbles just add the perfect touch. The tabs are another of my favourites, so easy to use and great for layering.

So that is it for me for the month, I hope that I have inspired you to join in with some of our monthly challenges. Even if only to give you a starting point for creating your next page!

Thanks for stopping by.

Katie x

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, Love, love your Layout Katie. I also Appreciate all the Tips and Suggestions you have given along the way, with an Explanation. This is Really Helpful for Beginners or People like Myself that have not done Scrapbooking for Years. I am just coming back to It but Finding a lot of the New Supplies quite Daunting and Confusing. I am going to Follow your Challenges with Great Interest for a While and Just MAYBE Who Knows, by Mid Year I may be Brave Enough To Enter. LOVE ALL the Entries. Glad I'm not the One who has to Pick a Winner.........

    ReplyDelete