Sunday, February 22, 2015

Inspired by Kerry - with Katie

Good Morning Everyone! I hope this finds you all preparing for a glorious Sunday of activities! I am just glad to be seeing the sun this morning after days of gloom here in Brisbane! Everything however is still damp inside and sodden outside, but the sun is out!

My first share with you for this month has been inspired by Kerry and her tie dye challenge in this month's cyber crop. And if you didn't hear you now have a whole month to do your entry! So you too can still have a go if you haven't tried already. If you aren't a member of the Scrap Suite (where we do all our cyber cropping and sharing) then click on the button in the side bar to ask to join!

Now I have to say this was my first attempt and I don't think it is perfect (well as perfect as you can get with this kind of technique), but it was fun and something that I might just have to try again and see what results I get! I chose three bright colours of mists to use for my background, yellow, orange and hot pink and I do love how it turned out.


I decided that the brightness needed some black for contrast, so I added some alphabet letters with a stencil and black gesso. Because I was using gesso it bled a little too, which made it a bit messy and suited the background in general. After creating the background all I needed to do was add my photo and lots of D-lish goodies and my page was done!


In this cluster you can see a gorgeous sequin bow, spotty resin button, flair, kraft shipping tag and a new Pink Fresh Studio wood bead (these are just gorgeous by the way!) The kraft shipping tags are so versatile to use on your projects, I just stamped something on mine and tucked it under the photo to add to the cluster.


I love using my Motex! And I seem to have the right colour tape for just about every situation!  A nifty trick that I learnt from the lovely Anna is to staple it down to make sure it stays put works a treat and adds some decoration with the staples at the same time! You can see also that I have used one of the heart shaped paper doilies and a kraft bitty bag.


Behind my photo I have used another paper bag, a larger one, like a mat, these are a great size to use with 4x6 photos. I have also added a short paperclip arrow from Freckled Fawn and a chipboard word for my title.

So there you have it! My experiment with a tie dye background! Thanks Kerry for an interesting technique. Maybe you should give it a try too. The instructions are in the Scrap Suite group.

See you next time,

Katie x


No comments:

Post a Comment