Monday, January 26, 2015

Sweet - with Katie

Hi there, Katie back again! Happy Australia Day!! I hope you are all doing Aussie things today and enjoying and appreciating what it means to live in this fine country!

For today's page I set myself a little challenge to only use one of the monochrome mini kits for my embellishments. These were released a little while ago, but there are still a few left in the store if you are interested. These kits are packed with some great goodies and as you might guess by the name they are all of one colour.

Now one of my favourite colours at the moment is yellow, so I thought I would go with that kit. The only thing added is some patterned paper, cardstock and photo (of course!). Also remember that most of these things you can purchase individually!



This is our newest family member, Pepper, and she looks like the sweetest thing you could imagine. But..... looks can be deceiving!She is a rescue kitten and she still is a little un-trusting and not very cuddly! But we love her and my goal is to turn her into a sook, eventually!




So, the key items from the Monochrome Mini Kit are: Wood Veneer Frame, Fabric Flower, Paper Flowers, Resin Flowers, Sequins, Wordfetti, Flair and Coloured Wire. And that wasn't all that was in the kit, so you can see how easy it was to embellish my page with just this kit, and have left overs to boot!


The coloured wire is so easy to shape that creating a title is no drama at all. Just remember to use a good glue to secure it, or you could stitch it in place.


Wordfetti is a great way to add something extra to your page, almost like journaling or a sub-title. Sequins, love adding sequins! They can be used just like enamel dots and sprinkled around your page. And who doesn't love a flower cluster?! (Ok, time for confessions, I am not usually a big flower user, but I am getting better! It is hard not to with so many gorgeous flowers at my disposal.)

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your long weekend. Back to school for this house tomorrow!



Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment