Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sun Sand Surf - with Katie

Good Morning! I hope you are all well this fine Sunday morning. So who has plans for this Aussie Day weekend?! We don't, but having a long weekend is great.

So just the other weekend we had our first cyber crop of the year, and as usual, the challenges also spur me on to try some different things and create some more pages. Today's post is my take on Alz's hybrid challenge with a summer theme.

Hybrid is so easy to do these days as so many of us already print something, cut something or add something to our photos using the computer, and using the great printables that Amanda created made it even simpler! This really was a page that came together pretty quickly.


So, you can probably see the printables in there, and I was so excited when I found that I had spray mists that were pretty much the same colours as the "beached" look on the bits and pieces that I had chosen! I also used a couple of the cut files that I made to coordinate with the set, and finally a few things from my ever growing D-lish stash and I was done!


Sequins are such an easy thing to add to a page to spice it up and they come in so many colours! I think these ones came from a Just Add Paper Kit, and were perfect for a 'sandy' colour.


I love adding paper bags to my pages, they are great for layering and I use them just like patterned paper. Not only that there are so many to choose from! These ones add a little subtle graphic dimension to the page.


I just love these felt bows! Bows have become a little bit of a favourite item for me lately! And having them in all sorts of styles is a bonus (think sequins, resin and wood veneer as well as felt!). This one from the summer colour set was a perfect match for the page too, bonus!

Well, I hope this has inspired you to go and have a go at a hybrid page. You can still download the free printables and print and cut files here. Don't be put off by the 'out of stock' note, that's just because there is no physical stock to sell!

Thanks for stopping by!



Katie x

2 comments:

  1. Love your LO! So beachy, so full of delight! Great colors and embellies! Definitely a LO to lift!

    ReplyDelete