Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Bucket Heads - with Katie

Good Morning on this fine "back to school day"!!! So who is going to take advantage of having the kids back at school and scrap?! I would like to try, but my house also looks like a bomb site after weeks of them being home so I may need to prioritise!

I am back today with my last post for the month. It is hard to think the first month in 2015 is almost done! But that is life, moments are fleeting and that is why we need to capture and record!

This page is one of those moments. The family on my husbands side all went to see a 20Twenty cricket game in January and when you are there it is all about being in the moment and lapping up the atmosphere and if you have time maybe watching the game too.


This was a relatively simple page, keeping colours linked to the photo (and our home team of the Brisbane Heat too of course!) and neutral otherwise. But just because it is simple and clean doesn't mean there isn't room for great embellishments!


I love using the Motex Writer for journaling, but sometimes it is a great way to add a title that doesn't overwhelm the page. And thanks to Anna Allen, I have discovered the method of stapling for security, which also adds some pizzazz to the page!

I loved that I had one of these crocheted hearts in the right colour for the page, add a Journal It spot, wooden button and Skipping 5 puffy sticker and you have a great little cluster.


Another puffy sticker from Skipping 5, a tab from one of the monochrome packs (again I just happened to have the perfect colour!) and some washi from a past Just Add Paper kit finishes this section off.


And lastly, yet another Skipping 5 puffy sticker, these are great fun to use! And I sewed too! The other labels and word bits and pieces on the page are cut right out of a sheet of patterned paper that is part of the collection I have used, I think this one is Maggie Holmes Open Road.

Well, I hope everyone has a great back to school day today and that everything runs smoothly!

Until next month,



Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment