Saturday, December 27, 2014

Katie's interpretation of Alz's Blind Scrapping

Hi Katie back again. With such a build up it is hard to believe that Christmas is done and dusted for another year. But having said that my family and I are off to another celebration today which will be our last one for this year! I am glad, because if I have too many more days of big eating I am likely to explode!

For my last share for this month and this year (countdown to new years is now on!), I decided to have a go at Alz's blind scrapping challenge from the December Cyber Crop. If you haven't heard about or tried blind scrapping before you can read all about it here.

Basically it works like this, you are given a list of materials (of course you can ad-lib here if you don't have precisely everything), and then you follow instructions on what to put where. This is where is gets fun and interesting, because we all interpret the instructions in a slightly different way, and with no picture or sample to guide us, we do what we think is right!

Now I tried not to look too hard at the detail of already completed pages, nor Alz's original sample before I started mine, so I will have to go back and see how it compares!


So I decided to use pictures of my very cute flowerpot cat and chose papers accordingly. These were from Amy Tan's Stitched range.


Instead of using two Paper Doilies I used one paper and one Felt Doily. You can also see where I have used the Freckled Fawn Arrow Paperclips, Flair, Vellum Bitty Bag, Resin Flower and Assorted Paper Flowers. For the tags in the project I used a pretty floral paper, and I chose to use a vellum bitty bag rather than a white one so you could see the pretty pattern through the bag, and I also chose not to use any washi tape to decorate the bag. (You can start to see how variations start happening as your project develops!)


My title was cut with my Silhouette and then I did a smaller subtitle with alpha stickers, I used only one Pink Fresh Studio chevron wood drop for each position instead of the group of three suggested. I also added splats of mist and dots of stickles on my page, but no sequins.


I didn't have any of the listed FX Scrap crazy circles chipboard so I improvised with Wood Veneer Multi Circle Frame instead. I coloured this with my gold Wink of Stella pen. You can see more paper flowers, the paper doily, another flair and chevron wood drop too. I used a silver piece of Tulle in a bow on my tallest tag, which removed it from the planned position making in more a part of this top cluster, but that's OK, it is my page after all!

So there you go, my "interpretation" of Alz's Blind Scrap. I am calling this one a success!

Thanks for popping by today and I hope the rest of the year is relaxing for you and you ring in the new one with friends and loved ones in a safe and joyous way!

Happy New Year, see you in 2015!



Katie x

1 comment:

  1. I would call it a success too Katie! I love, love, LOVE this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete