Friday, December 26, 2014

Inspired by Cindy - with Katie

Hi there everyone. Happy Boxing Day! Are you all full and rolling around?! We are getting ready to have our second round of Christmas celebrations today, so more food and presents!

Today I am bringing you a page that I created inspired by Cindy's December cybercrop challenge. That was to create a page using earthy tones and include travel photo/s.

Now between you and me this was very hard for me. I just don't have much at all in the way of earthy toned papers. My style draws me to brightly coloured papers. Eventually I found some suitable papers and photos, then my next hurdle, I usually scrap on white background, but it looked just a little too stark for this project, moving onto kraft problem solved. Now what about embellishments.... Most of them are brightly coloured too....

Well I got there in the end and I have to say that I am quite pleased with the final result!




I think I ended up using a mix of papers from Amy Tan and Studio Calico, and I found some great postage stamp washi in my collection that was just perfect and I love the little bit of warmth it gives to an otherwise cooler coloured page. I stamped with some travel themed Tim Holtz stamps on the background with antique linen ink to keep it subtle and also splashed some Heidi Swapp colour shine in bronzer to finish off.


I found this cute butterfly bottlecap on vintage paper that fitted in perfectly and also the sage coloured paper doilies. I cut my title using the Pacifico font on my Silhouette (love this machine!).


Add in a Kraft Journal It ticket, some Freckled Fawn wood veneer and a Little Birdie hessian butterfly and it is starting to come together.



Another Journal It Journal Spot and butterfly and we are just about done!

Well, I have to say that this turned out to be a real challenge for me, but a worthwhile one. Something that took me out of my comfort zone. Thanks Cindy for a great challenge! If you haven't done this challenge and have time to spare, why don't you give it a go too?!


Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment