Tuesday, December 23, 2014

2014 .. A Year in Review .. with Alz

I was chatting with Amanda (of D-lish Scraps fame) a short time ago about, amongst other things, blog posts and ideas and deadlines and so on. Amanda suggested that as I have been with D-lish Scraps for over 12 months now, I do a 'year in review' themed post.

The more I thought about the idea the more I liked it. I was curious to see if my scrapping had changed over the year. To see what I mostly scrapped during the year. To remind myself of some techniques I love but had forgotten. I thought it might be an extraordinarily interesting adventure. So here goes, my favourite layouts, month by month, for D-lish Scraps this year ..

January .. Pooped Puppy

February .. Free Spirit
published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 17 No 6

March .. Friends

April .. Adore U
hmm .. looks suspiciously familiar to March above (note .. it was a scraplift)

May .. Love actually
published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 17 No 3

June .. Smokey


August .. Bozo

September .. The sticky up plants

October .. Sunkissed cheeks
hmm .. it seems this one was only able to be seen in The Scrap Suite on Facebook

November .. Clare Valley

December ..  Picture Perfect

Plus one very funny honourable mention .. What?!
.. because it just can't not be in the mix!

What a fabulous journey I've just been on!!! I've found my style varies a bit, that I've forgotten how much I used to love stamping, and that my subject matters are pretty evenly represented .. Bear, my niece Mia, our friends' little girl Kara, my own childhood photos and travel photos. Oh and photos for a friend's little girl, Bella, to have in a special album just for her seeing as how her mummy gave up scrapping before she was born, and she only gets to look at albums of her older sister Chloe, which (LOL) she loves doing!

Scrapping wise, 2014 has been a great year for me. I can only imagine what 2015 has in store. One thing I suspect is that some pocket page scrapping might be on the horizon.

Wishing you all the very best of the festive season. May it be a happy and safe time for you and your families.

See you on the flip side! Cheers .. Alz   :)

9 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to reflect on your year Alz! Sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts. I have a couple fav's in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a treat, Alz! You have made some amazing pages. Lovely to see them altogether like that :)

    ReplyDelete