Thursday, November 27, 2014

Inspired by Wendy and Anna - with Katie

Hi there, Katie back for my last share for the month. This last page that I am sharing with you has been inspired by two of the challenges from the recent cyber crop held in our Facebook Community - The Scrap Suite. If you aren't a member already please join and get in on the action! There is a link on the side.

Anna's challenge from the November crop was to use the colours black, red and yellow while Wendy's was to use wood veneer with at least one piece coloured. When I started putting this page together I was already pulling out these colours so I decided to continue on the theme, and as for wood veneer, that is a given on most pages!


Best Day Ever, pretty much summed up how my daughter and I felt after attending Brisbane's first taste of Comic Con this year! And this photo is just one small part of the best day ever! Now if you don't know who it is in the photo, it is Lincoln Lewis, who I now have just a little crush on! He was so generous with his time and was just as excited and star struck while there as the rest of us were! Not to mention he is just gorgeous!

I decided to go with yellow as a feature (you may remember that I have a thing for yellow at the moment!), and then added in sprinklings of red and splashes of black. My D-lish goodies are:
Flair, Coloured Wooden Buttons, Journal It's, and some older Freckled Fawn wood chips.


Love these little coloured heart buttons, such a great little embellishment to throw in, and who can go past the great monochrome journal it's packs?!


As you can see I have coloured my wood veneer here black. To do this I just used distress ink and my blending tool. But be warned it takes a while for the ink to soak in and dry. I made a few smudges trying to do things before it was properly dry!


Another journal it journal spot making it really easy to add some comments to your page.

Well that is me for this month, thanks for stopping by.

Katie x


No comments:

Post a Comment