Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Bollywood - with Katie

Hi there! Can you believe it has been a month already since my last posts?! I am having some trouble believing it, this time of year goes way too quickly.

Anyway, time marches on and so here I am, back with some more inspiration. This layout is something a little different for me. I tend to favour white backgrounds and this one isn't white, and it was one of those pages that didn't come together quickly and easily (not that they all do mind you!), it was quite a stubborn page. As a result I think I am still deciding what I actually think of it myself!


Introducing Bollywood! This photo was from a girlfriends 50th birthday celebrations with a, you guessed it, Bollywood theme! Everyone took the effort to dress for the occasion and looked fabulous! So deciding to keep in the Bollywood feel I needed bright colours and gold trimmings, and what better place than D-lish to find those trimmings!

These are the goodies that I used - Gold doilies, Flair, Sequins, Paper Flowers, Enamel Dots, Tutu Blooms, Gold Wire and some great new goodies - Little Birdie Boutique Beaded Butterfly, Micro Beaded Florettes and Mini Burlap Beaded Butterflies and Pink Fresh Studio Screen Printed Wood.

Here let me show you a close up or two.


These paper butterflies are just divine! And add a piece of screen printed wood and an enamel dot and you have a nice and easy cluster!


Love those little flowers from Little Birdie, just beautiful and easy to use. I coiled some of the gold wire around a paint brush to make my own little spirals, something easy to add into a floral cluster.


How can you go past these mini burlap butterflies? They are perfect for adding some texture without being distracting.

Thanks for stopping by D-lish today and I will see you soon.

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment