Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Picking flowers .. with Alz

Although I loved creating the background for this layout, at times, as the layout itself came together (after I had completed the background), I was uncertain as to whether I was getting it right. You see I don't do 'girly' very often so although my head was telling me it looked great, my heart was crying at the lack of grunge LOL!!!

Picking flowers

That this layout would have been perfect for the Pink Lemonade Inspiration Board challenge did not escape me, but that challenge has been and gone! Not that I could enter it anyways LOL, but it would have been nice to share this whilst that Inspiration Board was current. I did however use several of the items from the Pink Lemonade Just Add Paper Kit .. Flair ButtonsJournal ItsResin flowersWashi TapeBling, a Mini Heirloom Flower and pink Cherry Blossoms. So even if you don't use your Just Add Paper Kit(s) the month they are released, they are really very handy to have in your stash for a rainy day.

I added just a few additional D-lish Scraps products to pull it all together .. Corbett Creations Ply Icons (people), Pinkfresh Studios Enamel Love Brad Stickers (retro), additional Resin Flowers (forget me nots and a large rose), a yellow Bitty Bag (polka dot rainbow mix) and Heirloom Flowers which I cut down to size.

Don't you love how using a 1.5" Ply Icon man and a 1" Ply Icon woman I've created the illusion of a man with his daughter, or in this case, grand-daughter? I so can't wait to do that again!


Tomorrow I'm back with the complete antithesis of this layout!! Its about a girlfriend but its grungy. I mean really, really grungy. It will be like a breath of fresh air gently flowing through the blog! LOL! Anyways, whatever you're doing I hope you're having a great day.

Cheers .. Alz   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment