Sunday, October 26, 2014

Oh Happy Day - with Katie

Hi again there! Welcome back to the D-lish blog and my second post for the month (and ever too if we wanted to get technical!).

I have a layout to share with you that started out as a possible background for the September cyber crop. Some of you may remember I popped up a photo in The Scrap Suite showing a positive and negative result using some gorgeous bright mist colours and a bubbles mask. Well I thought I would show you what I did with the page I didn't use!


So,instead of using the whole background as is, I cut it into smaller sections and mounted on black cardstock for contrast and used them like patterned paper. I thought the colours and patterns really suited the photo of my gorgeous niece at her circus birthday party! The rest of the embellishments are fairly simple and are clustered around the photo. I have used: Paper Doily, Chalkboard Journal It's, Resin Flowers, Crocheted Heart, D-lish Flair Buttons, Resin Butterfly, Motex Tape, Paper Flower, Journal It's ticket, Mini Peg and Embossed Stickers.


Creating little embellishment clusters is so easy with all the great little finds at D-lish! I don't know if you have seen the embossed stickers in the shop, but they are very cool! They are a sheet of embossed stickers (ok you probably figured that part out!), that you can ink, paint or mist to colour to suit your project! The little red flowers are the stickers that I used from the sheet. Don't they look fab!



And I am loving the mini pegs! I think this one came out of an older kit, but you can buy them in just about whatever colour you want to!


I just have to say that one of my go to's in my stash is my Motex Tape Writer! Especially with the black or dark blue tape, it just seems to be the perfect finish to so many pages, and the black on this page really stands out.

So, that's it from me for today. See you soon,

Katie x


No comments:

Post a Comment