Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hello, You Are Totally Awesome...

Hi!
I'm back again with my second project share!
This time I was inspired by one of the challenges in the D-lish October Cyber Crop held recently over on The Scrap Suite.
Here it is...


The main crux of the challenge set by Lynn was to use PURPLE!!
Now this definitely was a challenge for me, as purple is not a colour I naturally gravitate to at all - but it does appear occasionally in my pieces, mostly when documenting things involving my girls...and I actually DID have quite a lot of purple embellies in my D-lish stash :-)


I have created the background by using gesso painted on in a circle. Once dry, sprayed lightly with water and applied the plastic bag method - painting water colour onto a zip-loc bag (in a circle in this case) and applying it over the damp gesso area! LOVE THIS METHOD - it's my go-to water colour background technique!! I've then just splattered with silver colour mist as well.

I've added a dash of the greyish tone to break the purple up a tad on this page - I had some paper offcuts in my stash that I used and then some purple dotted and striped papers from the Jubilee "Sherbet" range by MME.


D-lish products used:

Felt Doily
Monochrome Journal Pack
Carnival Ticket
D-lish Dots
Pick 'n' Place bow
Pearl Cabochons - Star
Flair Button ( I used 2014 Script Words - Watercolour)
Mini Wooden Peg
Journal It's - Wordfetti (I used 'Sugar & Spice' )


Hope you like!

Anna :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment