Saturday, October 25, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy

Hi everyone! Welcome to my first blog post as a D-lish Designer! How exciting it is to be here, I am still pinching myself! The bonus is that I get to share the fun I have with my stash of D-lish goodies, and let me tell you it is ever expanding. Just don't tell my husband!

I was so inspired by this months Inspiration Board that I knew I just had to make a page based around its glorious colours, so I thought I would start here for my first post.


I just loved the bright colours mixed with the black to make them pop so that is where I started for my page. I also wanted to mention just how much I am loving the Paper Bags at the moment. I think they are one of my go to items! So many patterns and colours and sizes to choose from and they are so easy to add into your page design, just like using patterned paper! So lets look at my page:


Don't you just love the way bright colours pop on a black background! Can you spy all the D-lish goodness I have used too? Besides the spotty paper bag there is Felt Doilies, Paper Doilies, Paper Flowers, Resin Flowers, Resin Heart, Flair Button, Freckled Fawn Arrow and Enamel Dots, Journal It's and Pinkfresh Studio Wood Veneers.

Now how about some close ups?


 Now I have to say, if I am being perfectly honest, I am not a big flower user on my pages. Can't tell you exactly why, but there you have it! So I have challenged myself to try and add a flower or two with every page I do. The huge selection of styles and sizes to choose from at D-lish made this challenge a little easier! A little paper flower here and a resin flower there and suddenly I have become a flower girl!


These paperclip arrows from Freckled Fawn are just so easy to add on to your page and they make such a statement! And I am loving all the great colours you can get the paper doilies in! They are a bit like the paper bags, easy to just pop on to your page.


Don't be afraid to cut your felt doilies in half and tuck them in around your page. It is a great way to add them in a more subtle way, except of course when they are hot pink!

So, there you have it, my first post! I hope you will be back for my next one, and why don't you have a go at creating something for the inspiration board. You still have a few days left to get your entry in!

Katie x


No comments:

Post a Comment