Monday, September 22, 2014

Inspired by Agnus .. with Alz

During this month's cyber crop Agnus set a challenge to incorporate tags into your project. I love tags and had a layout I wanted to scrap for my SA travel album and so I went with the flow.

The sticky up plants

I had so much journaling I wanted to include, I decided to print it directly onto my background, leaving me the lower part of the page for my photo and to provide some balance.

I achieved this by using a long, panoramic style photo which I cut down from a 5x7" print; and then some layering with cardstock and patterned paper, and a number of D-lish Scraps embellishments. In my layers I have used a sage Coloured Doily, kraft mixed size Shipping Tags and a black Bitty Bag from the rainbow chevron pack.

My embellishments include .. a black Mini Wooden Peg, Freckled Fawn Wood Chips from the arrows pack and a Flair Button from the 2014 Script Words pack.


I love how this page turned out. I feel as though I achieved a happy medium between journaling and making a feature out of my photo for a travel album. Its good practice really .. I have six weeks of travelling around America to scrap one of these days!

Thanks for the inspiration Agnus!

2 comments:

  1. I think you have done a great job on this page. I really like it. A great balance between the journalling and photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! I plan on doing a lot more scrapping like this when there's a big story to tell. :)

      Delete