Friday, August 22, 2014

August Inspiration Board .. with Alz

Morning Peeps!

I'm here today to share the layouts I created with this month's Cotton Candy Just Add Paper kit and the current Inspiration Board challenge for inspiration. Plus a little extra.

Almost one

As the kit name suggests, all you need to do is add paper. In this instance I used two sheets of cardstock, two sheets of co-ordinating double-sided paper (from the MME Now & Then Dorothy collection), new Heidi Swapp banners, Jillibean Soup alphas, and then some background mixed media bits and pieces.

For my second layout I followed (loosely) the sketch in the Inspiration Board challenge for, funnily enough LOL, inspiration!

Sweet

When I was finished creating my layouts, I still had some patterned paper off-cuts left over. Rather than stash them away in my off-cuts bag I challenged myself to make some cards with additional D-lish Scraps products. This is something of a serious challenge for me because truthfully, I've kind of lost interest in making cards lately. I think I'll try to do this more often though because (a) it reduces the off-cuts pile and (b) it was actually kind of fun (dare I say it LOL).

Cotton Candy card suite

Additional D-lish Scraps products used when making the cards include .. black/white Cotton Twine, mint Cherry Blossoms, hot pink and light pink Rambling Roses, white Sweetheart Blooms, white and light pink Sweet Petites, black BlingFlair Buttons from the Just My Type pack, black Small Roses, and mini 3.5" round Paper Doilies.

In the end, from the original Just Add Paper kit all I had left were some pink flower sequins, the aqua chevron bag, the washi tape and a wood veneer cupcake. I'm pretty happy with that!!

Meanwhile, you may or may not have noticed how very quickly the Just Add Paper kits are selling out. In recent times they've grown in popularity at a hugely rapid rate. They've been selling out within less than 24 hours! Accordingly, if you're a fan of the kits, make sure you've liked D-lish Scraps on Facebook and that you've selected 'get notifications' so you'll receive sneak peeks of future kits as they come up. That way you can decide whether, on the 1st of the month, you want to be one of the first people to order the kit before they're all sold out!!!

Happy scrapping!   :)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the just add paper kits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bridget. Me too. I find them so easy to work with as I don't spend time wondering what embellishments to use and then fiddling with 5,000 of them LOL! With the kits you have it all there. :)

      Delete