Thursday, August 21, 2014

All the girls and all the boys .. with Alz

Morning peeps!

I'm here today to share two recent layouts I created for the Scrap The Girls and Scrap The Boys.

This first layout was created for the current Scrap The Girls challenge of which I'm a member of the Creative Team. This month the challenge is a gorgeous mood board and as soon as I saw it I knew exactly which photos I was going to scrap and how. My friend Brooke had a glamour make over and photography shoot done a little while ago now and the photos were just amazing. I loved that unlike so many other glamour photography shoots, all the make up artist did was to enhance Brooke's natural beauty. She still looks like Brooke and that to me is what this type of photography should be all about. PS: Brooke is mad about peacock feathers!

Beauty

I've used some beautiful embellishments from D-lish Scraps to bring this page together .. purple Sequins, a Flair Button from the lilac monochrome patterns pack, mini 3.5" round Paper Doilies, lilac Rosebuds, a black Tutu Bloom, a black Silk & Organza Heirloom Flower, white Silk & Organza Mini Heirloom Flowers, white Carnations, a Resin Bird, and a pearl centre from a Canvas Bloom I pulled apart for another layout. I never throw those sorts of things out as they're just perfect for tucking in here and there.

I've also tackled the Scrap The Boys challenge which is to profile your 'boy'. I had to do this challenge because I had the perfect photo and I wanted to be in it with a chance to win this gorgeous prize pack provided by D-lish Scraps!!!


My layout features a very dear friend of ours who now lives in America with his American wife and three boys. We miss Adrian, Holly and the boys something awful and so are forever thankful for the modern technology that enables us to so easily keep in contact and up to date with what's going on in each other's lives. Here's to Adie!

Cheers

I used the following D-lish Scraps products when creating this layout .. white Carnations, brown Cherry Blossoms, white Sweet Petites,  Flair Buttons from the Life in Bokeh pack, a Canvas Pick 'n' Place BowFreckled Fawn Dew Drops and Freckled Fawn wood chips. 

That's it for me today. I'll be back tomorrow with some D-lish Scraps Inspiration Board challenge layouts.

Cheers .. Alz   :)

4 comments: