Tuesday, July 22, 2014

We named you Spud .. with Alz

Morning D-lish Scrappers!

Now that the 5th Birthday Bonanza is well and truly over its time for me to get serious again with some mixed media magic.

We named you Spud

I wanted to keep the focus of this layout on the background and photos so I needed to go very minimalist with my embellishments. They had to blend in with the background and photos, yet provide contrast. I achieved that by spraying some chipboard white and then using flowers that worked in with the colour scheme and others in pops of white.


The D-lish Scraps embellishments 'made' this layout if you know what I mean .. kraft Shipping Tags, a white Bitty Bag, Gold and Natural Cotton TwineHand Dyed Muslin in Blue, Teal Stain and Teal, a Flair Button from the Click Click pack, white Aster from the Spring Mix pack, white Sweet Petites, a white Sweetheart Bloom, and Freckled Fawn Dew Drops (Arrows).

That's it for me this month. I really don't want to think about it but I won't be chatting with you again until August!!! Seriously, where has the year gone? At least it means we're another month closer to Summer LOL!

Til we meet again, happy scrapping .. Alz   :)

3 comments:

  1. Love this Alz, gorgeous background....that photo is a crack up.....he looks like Wall-E!! Adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop drooling over all these beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tarrah and Geli. I had a lot of fun getting messy with this one! :)
    PS: Who on earth is Wall-E??

    ReplyDelete