Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Today by Agnus Kasprzak

Hi again, I'm back with another layout using one of my favourite "go-to" page designs. When putting together this page I noticed that I subconsciously started creating a design very similar to the page I shared in my last post. Instead of trying to change the design I decided to go with it and show that a making a few subtle changes can create a whole new look from your favourite designs.


Much like a sketch your "go-to" page designs are a great starting point for creating a layout in your own style. One of my favourite design features a plain cardstock background, with a large block of patterned paper in the centre of the page. I like to include a few layers underneath a single photo with a cluster of embellishments along one the photo edges. I often add another embellishment cluster on the opposite side to help balance out my page.  By varying the size of my patterned paper block or the orientation of the photo I am able to create a range of pages that won't all end up looking the same. 


another one of my favourite things that I often repeat on my pages is a little bit of stitching and I like that it helps to add extra detail to tags or photos.


The paper leaves weren't originally the right tone for my page, so using a dry brush I was able to alter the colour with a tiny amount of gesso.


This was my first time using the clear Motex tape refills and I love the subtle detail it adds.


Products from the D-lish Store...

I'd love to know what you favourite pages designs are, so feel free to leave me a comment or a link so I can come and check them out :)


2 comments: