Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A debutante .. with Alz

Morning!
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Amanda
Happy birthday to you!!

Okay, so now that that's been taken care of, let's get on with the show! Seriously though Amanda, I hope you have a truly brilliant day. Hugs.  :) xx

Now, as much as I love mixed media styled layouts like the one I shared yesterday, occasionally a photo comes along which needs to be treated a little differently. Where mixed media isn't warranted. This was on those photos. My mum at aged 16 as a debutante. I needed to scrap this 'prettily' (I'm not a fan of 'pretty' LOL). I also needed to respect that the layout was going into my mum's album. Unlike my father's side of the family, my mum's family was very poor growing up and the photos she has of her childhood and adolescence are rare. One day she sat down and told me the stories behind the photos and over the years, quite literally, I've been scrapping them for her. She has seen her album evolve and grow and loves it. So I had to keep that in mind. LOL mum wouldn't appreciate her debutante photo being amongst a mountain of texture paste and mists and sprays and inks and whatever else I could find!!!

A debutante

My usual mixed media had to be replaced with pretty papers and lots and lots of flowers! Which is where D-lish Scraps steps in. I love the range of flowers available in store. On this layout I've used a combination of Forget Me NotsRambling RosesRosebuds, large Resin Roses and mini Silk & Organza Heirloom Flowers. In amongst all those flowers I've also used a Resin heart from a previous Just Add Paper Kit, a Resin birdPVC Doilies, mini 3.5" round Paper Doilies and a Horizontal Stripe Bag. I coloured the PVC Doilies with a red StazOn ink pad and used a scallop border punch on the top of the Horizontal Stripe Bag to soften the edge a little.


What's next for me? I'm not entirely sure. I bought some new papers recently so perhaps I'll have a flick through those and see if anything jumps out at me? Maybe I'll start some pocket page scrapping?  I could re-visit Ros' bingo challenge from the 5th Birthday Bonanza earlier this month and choose a few more lines to play with? Or even make up some kits according to Leanne's recipe challenge. Who knows? I guess we'll see when I'm back next month.

Til next time .. happy scrapping! Alz    :)

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous layout which compliments such a wonderful photo so well! You did 'pretty' so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it! I'm with you, I don't do "pretty" often, but you've done it prefectly! Your mum will treasure this

    ReplyDelete