Monday, June 23, 2014

Scrapping 5x7" photos .. with Alz

Morning!!!

I don't know about you, but I generally avoid scrapping 5x7" photos like the plague. My preference is a 3x4" or 4x6" tops. But lately, without even realising it, I've been scrapping more than just the odd one or two 5x7" photos! There's the one from yesterday's post, a couple I did as a guest designer for Anna's Craft Cupboard last month with the Prima Seashore collection (see HERE), and now this one today.

Adore

Do you know what I've discovered whilst scrapping these 5x7" photos? There's no secret to scrapping them! There's no need to follow any design rules or change any of your usual scrapping practices. There's no need to be afraid of them LOL!!! In fact I've found with the ones I've scrapped lately, the larger size has had more of an impact. Who knows LOL, I might find myself scrapping more 5x7"s in the future!!

Anyways I created this layout for the Kraft It Up challenge this month which is to use a PageMaps sketch, the colour pink, and paint/mist splatters. I altered the sketch to suit my large photo and love the way its turned out. I also think the light, but bright, fun and funky colours and embellishments really make this photo pop!


I've used lots of beautiful D-lish Scraps embellishments on this page including .. PVC DoiliesFreckled Fawn Enamel Dew DropsFlair Buttons from the Whimsy Wordart pack, a Kraft with White Spots Bitty BagChipboard Clouds which I used as a template, a Large Resin Rose, Forge Me Nots and a Heart Cabochon from Resin Grab Bags, a Resin Bow and a Resin Bird, a white Tutu Bloom and vintage pink Mini Heirloom flowers, one of which I cut some petals off to make it just a little smaller.

That's it for me today. I hope you're having a happy day (as am I) and have happy days ahead of you.

Happy scrapping .. Alz   :)

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Such beautiful clusters of embellishments! Gorgeous photo too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mumma Magoo! I've just had a quick peek at your blog and I love your style of scrapping but more importantly you have the most adorable children!! Love their chubby cheeks and cute as smiles. :)

      Delete
  2. This makes me think of a Happy Day! I am smiling while writing this. It is ADORE-able and makes me want to go get a lemonade. So happy to have found this blog and the wonderful DT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PC! We're glad you've found us!! :)

      Delete