Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Light It Up Blue- by Wendy Smith

Hi Wendy  here again, showing you a layout that has a very special place in my heart.

My Son Charlie has Asperger’s Syndrome, and these photos were taken at our first ever ‘LIGHT IT UP BLUE’ Autism Awareness Event. I am very lucky that Charlie is high functioning and fairly bright, he just has trouble processing the world in the same way you or I would. I was once told that having autism is like being a Mac in a PC world.. and I think that is a pretty cool analogy seeing as he is totally technology mad!

Anyway, enough about the pictures… let’s get stuck into the embellies used on the page.

Firstly, I misted the Wood Veneer Frame with some Prima mists, and I layered to Bitty Bags - Rainbow - Polka Dot and Chevron Bags - Light Blue to create my base. I find it really easy creating layouts without too much patterned paper when I use the bags as my papers.

IMG_8832

I coloured the chipboard Pack – Stars in black, and added white pen detailing on them, and used the Muslin - Navy

IMG_8833

Then I added all the other little bits and pieces listed below throughout the page.

IMG_8834

PRODUCTS used to create this layout:

Pinkfresh studio colourblock veneers navajo arrows

Wood Veneer Frame

Resin Big Bloom from grab bag

Cabachon flower from grab bag

Journal It's - Tab Bag - Chalk Words

Journal It's - Pastel Star Rounds

Pack – Stars

Pick 'n' Place Bows - Grosgrain Polka Dot

Resin Bird Value Bag

Bitty Bags - Rainbow - Polka Dot

Chevron Bags - Light Blue

Muslin – Navy

Cheers and Happy Creating

xxx

Wendy Smith

Follow me on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/WendySmithblog

No comments:

Post a Comment