Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"CJA" .. with Alz

Morning D-lish Scrappers and welcome to today's meeting of Challenge Junkies Anonymous ("CJA")!   ;)

If you're familiar with my scrapping you'd know I'm a big time challenge junkie. I found myself with some unexpected time up my sleeves last month and so took full advantage of it to scrap up a storm. Yes I could have cleaned the house and done some baking and perhaps even eyed off the ironing pile. But no, scrapping won! Yay for me LOL!!!

I created this layout for the Scrap The Girls challenge. The challenge was to create a layout using traditional boy colours and embellishments. At first I thought it was going to be tough because I am rather partial to my flowers. But once I got out my D-lish Scraps stash I was set. There are just so many versatile products in store, which aren't flowers, the challenge almost became too easy!

Ultimate

The D-lish Scraps embellishments I used are Freckled Fawn wood chips, various Journal ItsFreckled Fawn paper clipsCotton Twine, paper DoiliesFlair Buttons, a Vellum BagPVC Doilies and Flourish With A Bling gold pearls which were left overs from a previous Just Add Paper Kit. Not a flower in sight, although I would have liked to add just a few here and there LOL!


This next layout I created for the Scrap The Boys challenge. It seemed only fair given that I'd already done the fairer sex LOL! The challenge at Scrap the Boys was to use flowers on your layout and being a serious D-lish Scraps flowers junkie I was super excited to do this layout of my GB when he was just a little boy.

Childhood Memories

I've used a plethora of D-lish Scraps embellishments on this layout including .. Paper DoiliesPVC DoiliesCotton Twine, a flag from a Flag & Flair PackTutu Blooms in ivory and turquoise which is more of a teal, a teal Mini Heirloom Flower, a Freckled Fawn Wood Chip (bird), cream Carnations which are a really buttery yellow cream colour (just gorgeous!), black Mini Roses, white Cosmos Daisies, mint Cherry BlossomsFlair Buttons from the Geometrics Navy/Teal/Yellow pack, Journal Its Tab Bags in kraft sayings and Journal Its tickets which are waiting to be re-listed once they are back in stock.


Oh and you know how I like to pull buttons and pearls out of the centre of flowers when they don't tie in with the look I'm trying to achieve? I never throw them away and for good reason. On this layout I have used two of the silvery rhinestone buttons from the centre of FWAB Elise Flowers and a pearl from the centre of a Canvas Bloom. Waste not want not LOL!!

Finally (maybe LOL) I decided to give the Black With 2 challenge a go. I figured I'm always creating with white and kraft or similarly neutral backgrounds, why not really throw myself in the deep end with no floaties?!

You inspire me

I've used a looooong list of D-lish Scraps products on this layout including .. Washi TapeMotex TapePVC Doilies, lime Coloured WireResin Flowers (Forget Me Nots), Freckled Fawn Dew Drops, a Flair Button from the Words of Wisdom set, lime Hand Dyed MuslinBitty BloomsRosebuds in lime, a circle Cardstock Frame, a black Mini PegFWAB Elise Flowers in white, a white Silk & Organza Mini Heirloom Flower, and a lime Tutu Bloom.


You might notice that again, I've pulled out the centres of the white FWAB Elise Flowers and replaced them with a brad and Freckled Fawn Dew Drops. But did you notice I slotted one of the 'silvery centres' into the side of my cluster, just above the Flair Button? Neat huh?

So, why am I such a challenge junkie? I find challenges to be a wonderful source of inspiration and there are so many challenges out there on the world wide web we're spoilt for choice. Of course I have my favourites, including our very own D-lish Scraps Inspiration Board challenge. Although I don't participate in the challenge per se, I definitely buy the co-ordinating Just Add Paper Kit each month and have fun creating at least two projects with it.

Anyways that's it for me today. I'll be back tomorrow with something non-challenge related if you can believe it! You're right. I heard you. Not likely!!!! I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hasta la vista scrappers!!!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment