Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A kraft love affair .. with Alz

Morning peeps!

Being a mixed media scrapper, you could pretty much hand me any piece of cardstock (in neutral tones please!!!) or patterned paper (in neutral tones please!!!) and I'll be a happy scrapper. LOL .. neutral tones please!!! One of my favourite neutral cardstocks to work with (other than the oh so versatile white) is kraft.  I simply cannot get enough of it. I love it. Today I'm sharing two DT layouts I have recently created for the Kraft It Up challenge blog.

Who are you
published in Scrapbooking Memories Issue 17 No. 4

Again, lots of mixed media, enhanced beautifully by the following D-lish Scraps embellishments .. ivory and latte Silk & Organza Mini Heirloom FlowersCarnations (these are a new favourite of mine), black Small Roses and black Motex tape. Not a lot of embellishments, but all it took was those very few.


My next layout, again created with a mixed media background, has a lot more D-lish Scraps embellishments on it!

Imagine

"Imagine" was a really fun layout to create. I love that whilst it is embellishment heavy, it doesn't have that overloaded look. Or am I just kidding myself LOL?! "Imagine" comprises the following D-lish Scraps embellishments .. black Motex tape, gold glitter tape from a retired Just Add Paper Kit (you'll find all sorts of gems in these kits), a black Resin Forget Me Not and a black Resin BirdPVC Doilies, black and white Silk & Organza Mini Heirloom Flowers, white Bitty Blooms, brown Carnations, and black Sequins which I have removed from the strand.


So what am I sharing tomorrow you ask? I guess you'll just have to wait and see. Meanwhile I might try out a new 'sign off' ..

Hasta la vista .. Alz   :)

4 comments:

  1. These are 2 amazing layouts.. with amazing back ground details.. stunning layouts!! love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely feedback Lizzy! :)

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful. I've bought a pack of 25 in kraft and I honestly don't know what to do with it - until now :) I can see lots of things on these - I think the gesso and stencils need to come out. I'm trying to let go a little and get a bit messy. I tend to be a bit of a 'neat' scrapper.
    P.S. Thank you especially for sharing the first page. It was lovely to learn a little more about a seriously talented lady :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments Sonia! If you're really keen to get stuck into that 25 pack of kraft car stock why not check out the Kraft It Up challenge blog? You'll find lots of inspiration there. :)

      Delete