Saturday, March 15, 2014

Last Share with Sophie {Layout and Cards with Wire Embellishments}

Hi again, how are we all!
I am here with my last share. I have had a fabulous time making layouts and designing projects to share with you all. 
I hope they have inspired you to head over to the store and pick up some goodies to create along with me.

Firstly I have a layout for you! 
I have based the colour scheme around two gorgeous washi tapes I found at the store- navy and teal! I love this combo!

 I also love these embossed stickers from Pink Paislee that are available at D-lish Scraps. I love that they add a subtle texture against white card stock.
I also created two different embellishments with the wire which has recently be added to the store.
The heart and the feathers.
For the heart simply mould the wire to your desired shape. Take a piece of tissue paper (at least twice the size of the shape) and cover one side with gesso or glue. Lay the wire shape on the covered side and fold tissue paper over the wire. Spray with mist.
For the feathers lay down a piece of wire. Tear evenly sized pieces of washi tape and place them next to each other over the piece of wire. Carefully turn over and repeat. Cut out your desired shape and trim wire if necessary. Snip edges of your feather.

Products I've used:
Freckled Fawn Cork Frames
Freckled Fawn Wood Chips- Stars & Such
Coloured Wire- Gold
Hand Dyed Muslin- Navy
Washi Masking Tape- Navy Feathers
Washi Masking Tape- Teal Swallows
Tutu Bloom- Turquoise
Cherry Blossoms- Mint
Medium Roses- Blue
Embossed Sticker Borders
Cardstock Frames- Circle
Daisy Resin

Next up I have some cards, including an Easter themed one (which is fast approaching). To make it easy I decided to use products and colours I had used on my layout.
 You can't beat a shaker box on a card and these cork frames are perfect for creating this. I backed the 'HI' frame with washi tape and filled with it with wood chips and sequins. A perfect male card.
As you can see though this colour combo is gender neutral. It all depends on what shapes and embellishments you add to your project.
Additional products used:

Thanks for looking. Thanks for all your kind comments over the last 6 months and a BIG thank you to Amanda for allowing me to create with your wonderful products to inspire others. 
I have had a ball!!
Sophie



1 comment:

  1. oh my Sophie your page is gorgeous and I am so in love with your cards. I think I will def need to try these.

    ReplyDelete