Friday, March 21, 2014

Friends .. with Alz

Morning!

It feels like forever since I last chatted with you! I've been away in South Australia for 10 days where I was fortunate to attend the e2c retreat in Port Lincoln. I'm very excited over the coming days to share the exclusive D-lish Scraps layouts I created whilst on retreat. I was actually quite productive which is rare (very rare!!) for me, but I've finally figured out the secret for scrapping away from home. Whether it be a crop, a girlfriend's or a full-blown retreat. I'll share that secret with you in the coming days, but first ..

Today I'm sharing a layout I created of my niece and her best friend whilst they were away in Fiji. Its just a casual shot and not a lot about the photo exactly 'screams Fiji' so I thought I might just make it 'scream Fiji' by using a very strong tropical colour theme with lots and lots of flowers.

Friends

Amongst the many beautiful embellishments you'll find on my page are Hand-dyed Muslina PVC doily (I promise it is tucked away in there!), Freckled Fawn Wood Chips (Arrows, Birds, Stars & Such), Freckled Fawn Dew Drops (Ombre Yellow), paper Forget Me Nots in white, Paper Daisies in Sunset and Turquoise and finally, clear Motex tape.


A quick tip when you have some beautiful flowers you want to stand out from the bunch .. create a layer of smaller flowers over which to add your larger and/or prettier flowers. It helps to create the look of lots of flowers without hiding the ones you particularly like. Also I added a little Tim Holtz Distress Stickles to the Sunset Daisies for a little sparkle. I didn't add anything to the Turquoise Daisies as then it would have looked too much but certainly adding just that little sparkle added a lot to the layout overall.

I don't want to give away too much just now but .. do you remember this layout I did of my girlfriend's little girl with her nunna? Well you can't see it because its out for publishing but all will be revealed tomorrow .. maybe!   ;)

Chat to you soon (tomorrow actually)!!

Alz   :)

4 comments:

  1. Friends is such a pretty layout with lots of things to llok at, I really love the colours as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandra. I had a lot of fun creating it. :)

      Delete
  2. I just love what you do with your backgrounds Alz!!! another stunning page :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! This is a favourite of mine. :)

      Delete