Friday, February 21, 2014

Taking it easy .. with Alz

Heh girls (and guys)!

Do you ever want to scrap but just don't have the energy or much in the way of motivation? Or do you sometimes get a little bored with what you're doing, say a little tired of your usual paper crafting style? Maybe sometimes you have something you have to do (like make a card) and you really just can't be bothered? LOL I'll confess that sometimes I feel all of the above and then some! If, like me, you just can't go a day without doing something creative, what can you do about it? Me? I'll scrap in a different style or size than usual, or do something different like hybrid scrapping or creating. You know, mix things up a little. There's nothing like whipping up a few quick projects and having that sense of accomplishment to refresh and reignite the creative mojo.

Seasons
favourite season (of course I couldn't choose just one!)

The above 8.5x11" (or thereabouts) page was made for my 2011/2014 Favourites Journal (I mentioned the Journal in my last post for January). Its a really simple, fairly basic page where I've used the coffee Hand Dyed Muslin as a backdrop for the small Vellum Bags, each of which holds a photo of the same tree taken during each of the four different seasons. Its a really pretty nectarine (?) tree which used to overhang our fence at our old place in inner city Melbourne and I knew that one day I wanted to scrap photos taken of it throughout the year. Because I couldn't choose a favourite season they were perfect for this page and my D-lish Scraps stash was perfect for finding the little bits and pieces to decorate each bag without adding unnecessary bulk and also keeping the layout looking cohesive at the same time.


The D-lish Scraps products I've used include .. Washi Tape, clear Motex Tape, white PVC Doilies, small Vellum Bags, Memory Maze Chipboard (Rows of Birds), coffee Hand Dyed MuslinBitty Blooms in various colours, Freckled Fawn Wood Chips (Hearts), Freckled Fawn Paper Clips (Silver Arrows), Journal Its by Star (Kraft Word Tickets), various Flag & Flair Packs, and Wood Veneer Flowers.

I wasn't happy to leave my "taking it easy" scrapping at just the one 8.5x11" journal page so also decided to whip up some quick hybrid cards. I was already behind in my card making having to make two birthday cards so figured if I was making two, why not make half a dozen and rather than doing the whole usual stamping and colouring thing, scour the Internet for some free digital printables.


I downloaded and printed images from Kate Hadfield Designs at The Wood Connection and Teeny Tiny Cards by Kolette Hall. I used some markers to colour in sections of the Teeny Tiny Cards, adhered my digital printables to some cardstock and then set about embellishing them with bits and pieces from my D-lish Scraps stash.


These cards came together so quickly and easily I am 100% converted to hybrid card making! I've used the following D-lish Scraps products on my cards .. Washi Tape, red Motex TapePVC doilies, hot pink and aqua Sequins, a hot pink 30mm Double Layered Crochet Flower, flowers from various Resin Grab Bags, Freckled Fawn Enamel Dew Drops (Black/Grey/White), Paper Clips (Silver Arrows) and Wood Chips (Birds), Skipping 5 Puffy Things (Woodgrain Hearts), various Bitty Blooms, a bow from the Resin Whimsy Bow Grab Bag, a bottle cap from the Heart Mix Bottle Caps, a Paper DoileyJournal Its by Star (Round & Rounds brights, Sweet Talkers pastel) and Carnival Tickets. Phew! LOL!

Now that I've recharged my mojo I'll be back tomorrow with something mixed media to share.

Cheers .. Alz   :)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the innovative page you've done! I usually use the vellum pockets as a additional element but in this case the pockets are the main feature (and the photos of course). Thanks for the creative inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia! I love the vellum products too. :)

      Delete