Monday, February 24, 2014

Happy day .. with Alz

Morning all!

I'm here with something 'krafty' as promised yesterday. I created the following layout for the Kraft It Up challenge this month.

Happy day

Now this next bit is going to take a while because I used lots, and I mean lots, of D-lish Scraps products on this page so please bear with me LOL .. Hand Dyed Muslin (blue), 18mm Glass CabachonsPVC Doilies (white), 3.5" round Paper DoiliesFreckled Fawn Paper Clips (arrows), Freckled Fawn Wood Chips (hearts), Journal Its Colour Journal Spots (everyday kraft cards), an antique bronze heart Bobby Pin, chipboard and metal anchors from the Out to Sea Just Add Paper Kit, gold glitter canvas tape, gold tiny star sequins, gold glitter and gold pearls from the All That Glitters Just Add Paper Kit, and a flair button and crocheted items from an old (now out of stock) Just Add Paper Kit.


I'm totally loving the Glass Cabachons on this beach themed layout and can't wait to use them on another layout with a different effect! The antique bronze heart Bobby Pin I filled with Glossy Accents, then I generously sprinkled the gold tiny star sequins and gold glitter over the top. Once dry it could be left as it was for a really sparkly effect, however I added Glossy Accents over the top to tone it down just a tad. And again I've used the off-cuts from my gold glitter canvas tapes as wee triangles rather than throwing them in the trash. I loved, loved, loved creating this layout; and I loved the fact that I could create all of this with just some old patterned paper and cardstock scraps, mixed media products and D-lish Scraps embellishments!!!

Looking forward to chatting with you all again next month. Til then stay calm and scrap!!!!

Cheers .. Alz    :)

2 comments: