Friday, January 24, 2014

Memories (and more) .. with Alz

Morning! It's Alz again with my last DT share for January.

So, I don't know about you, but in Melbourne we've been sweltering with 40+ degrees heat waves. On the one hand its perfect weather for staying inside to keep cool and scrapping. Yet at the same time life goes on and being out and about in the heat can totally zap you and leave you with little energy for scrapping whilst you are inside trying to stay cool LOL! Here's a little of what I've been creating when I have had some motivation and the air conditioning and ceiling fans have been working overtime ..

Memories

Apart from my usual mixed media and some chipboard (Christmas trees and title), everything on this layout is from the Just Add Paper Kit All That Glitters. I love, love, love this kit and must make a note to buy a few more of these kits for Christmas cards! Note to self .. buy at least another three to five of these kits for Christmas cards! LOL!!! The PVC doilies I inked with a gold ink pad and set aside to dry (once dry they didn't smudge!), and to tone down the brightness of the gold star pin I lightly spread some white paint on it (I wanted it to be a little more shabby and a little less glittery).


Because the Just Add Paper Kits are crammed full of products, I had more than enough left over to create an 8.5x11" page for my Favourites Journal. This is a Journal I started in 2011 which comprises weekly 'favourites' challenges. I got hopelessly behind with the weekly challenges and ended up throwing in the towel about half way. I'm determined to finish the Journal this year and will be renaming the front of it "2011 & 2014 Favourites" so fingers crossed you'll be seeing more of this style of scrapping from me in the future.

I do

Aside from the All That Glitters Just Add Paper kit I also used some white Gardenias which I sprayed with Glimmer Mist. If you don't have any white Paper Flowers in your stash you must get some as they 'take' mists, sprays, inks, pretty much anything really, really well. They are probably the most versatile product I have in my stash!


That's it from me today. I'll see you all again in February! Hope you're having a great start to 2014 as am I.

Cheers .. Alz   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment