Saturday, December 14, 2013

Share with Sophie {Shaker Box Ornament/Keepsake}

Hi guys, back again,
This time with a fun little tutorial showing you how to make this cute Shaker Box Ornament.
I think this would be a perfect keepsake or gift for a family member or friend. You could add a photo of  your children instead of patterned paper. Add the year and your child's name on the edge on the frame, or even create a tag and tie it on the twine. The possibilities are endless...but here are the basics for you using some D-lish products.





What you'll need:
Freckled Fawn Frame
Pattered paper and/or photo
Clear transparency or recycled plastic packaging (what I used)
Washi or glitter tape
Twine
A selection of small embellishments/die cuts
Sequins
Thin double sided tape
Scissors

Step 1: Cut your transparency to the size of your frame. Run a thin, double sided tape down all four sides of the back the frame. Adhere the transparency.

Step 2: Cut your patterned paper or photo. Your measurements need to be the size of the frame PLUS the width of the tape you will use x2. (Scroll down to see what I mean).

Step 3: Measure, from each edge, the width of the tape (mine was 1.6 cm). Score and fold where you have marked.

Step 4: Apply a thin, double sided tape along each edge of the pattern paper, on the right side. Adhere 3 sides to the frame. Leave the bottom open.

Step 5: Fill box with embellishments. Once filled scrunch some muslin and add to the bottom.
Step 6: Close last tab. Apply chosen tape to all four sides making sure all gaps are covered. Wrap twine around the outside of the box, tie a bow at the top. Use another piece of twine to create a loop.

And TA-DAAA! I think it turn out nice! 



D-lish Scrap products used:

Similar products to what I've used:

I hope you were inspired by this little project! If you do have a go please let me know in the comments, I would love to see the different variation.
Thanks for stopping by!
Sophie xx







2 comments:

  1. I love this idea, off to go shopping I think, even though I probably wont get them made this year ;-) Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Sophie! I'm thinking I'd like to make a personalised one for my daughter for Christmas. Thanks for the inspiration!! X

    ReplyDelete