Monday, December 23, 2013

Getting my grunge on .. with Alz

Morning all!

I’m here today with a grungy, mixed media layout from the Kara Chronicles. The layouts I’ve recently shared have been quite pretty, shabby chic or whimsical. Today’s layout is an example of how not all little girl layouts need be sugar and spice (there’s not a flower or hint of pink in sight!) and just how very versatile D-lish Scraps’ embellishments are.

Puppy kisses

The D-lish Scraps embellishments on this layout include .. Freckled Fawn Wood Chips (Birds), Freckled Fawn Paper Clips (Camera), Skipping 5 Puffy Things (Wood grain Hearts), blue glitter from the mini jar in the Just Add Paper Neon POP! Kit, Memory Maze Chipboard (Chevron and Mini Words), Carnival Tickets, Journal It's by Star (Spool Top Sentiments), Glittered Canvas Tape (red), grey Hand Dyed Muslin, blue Motex Tape, Washi Tape, and a Paper Doiley (Red Polka Dot).

With some lighter/brighter colours, softer stamping and some flowers, this layout could quite easily become ‘sugar and spice’. I however was inspired by the bold red Kara’s mum likes to dress her in, and Hershey’s soft, messy fur.

I have just a couple of tips for you I discovered when creating this layout. Firstly, in the Neon POP! Just Add Paper Kit from October was a tiny jar of blue glitter. Intended as an embellishment on its own, which I didn’t use, I decided to add some blue glitter spots to my layout by randomly placing spots of Glossy Accents on my background and then covering them with glitter. Once I was sure they were completely dry, I sprinkled the excess onto a piece of paper and returned it to the jar (LOL .. waste not want not!). Secondly, l wanted triangular notches in my red glitter tape where it sticks out from beneath my layers. In the past those notches have ended up in the bin. Not so with this layout! I realised they make perfect, little, triangle embellishments. Again LOL, waste not want not! And yes, now before anything gets tossed it’s thoroughly scrutinised! I hope those tips prove useful.

I’m looking forward to chatting with you again tomorrow!

Cheers .. Alz   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment