Thursday, November 21, 2013

Challenge junkie .. with Alz


Hi all! I’m here today with a confession. My name is Alz and I’m a challenge junkie. Scrapbooking challenges that is! Although I have been known to take on the odd dare or two in real life because I’m just plain stubborn LOL! But getting back to scrapbooking .. I just love, love, love challenges. I confess I keep a Word document on which my favourites are listed, and on the first of each month I start trawling the various challenge blogs/sites and start copying sketches, colour schemes and inspiration boards to my Mac and making notes in my Word document of specific requirements. Part of me thinks "oh, that's sad" LOL but another part of me thinks its a wonderful way to find inspiration and, more importantly, to connect with other scrappers. So you can imagine how delighted I am that D-lish Scraps hosts a monthly Inspiration Board Challenge. Although I don’t enter the challenge at D-lish Scraps per se, I do actually try to tackle it each month!

3 of her favourite things

Last month’s D-lish Scraps challenge was all about neon and as I don’t ordinarily scrap with neon I bought the Just Add Paper Kit (Neon POP!) (there may be just a few left in stock if you’re lucky). As we know I love the Just Add Paper kits (this month's Out to Sea is truly awesome!) and the Neon POP! kit was no different; it made creating a layout using colours I’ve never used before so, so easy.


Another challenge I like to get to each month is 123. Last month the challenge criteria was to use the colour yellow, the word “heart”, and to use different alphas when creating your title /journaling. Of course the layout came together fabulously easy with the use of my yummy D-lish Scraps embellishments!!

Chori

I wanted to keep this layout very simple with just the yellow on white (although other colours are allowed). However, my Pick ‘n’ Place bow had a really bright pop of pink in the centre. What to do? Simple really .. I just wound some cotton twine around the centre and voila, the bow was a perfect match for the rest of my layout.


I’ve used a  Flair ButtonPetite Resin Roses, Wood Chips (Hearts by Freckled Fawn), a  Pick 'n' Place Bow (Fancy Edge) and a Paper Flower (White Azalea). I’ve also used washi tape and cotton twine, both of which you can find many varieties in store .. HERE and HERE.

That’s it from me today. If like me, you’re something of a challenge junkie, don’t forget D-lish Scrap’s monthly Inspiration Board Challenge. You can find all the details HERE. Oh and don’t forget you can buy the Out to Sea kit, designed to co-ordinate perfectly with the inspiration board, should you so desire. And yes LOL, I so desired!!!   ;)

Alz   :)

PS: I’m off to Challenge Junkies Anonymous now!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous layouts Alz, you have so much detail on your page and I love the close-up shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pages are gorgeous! you have used so many amazing D-lish products :)

    ReplyDelete