Wednesday, October 30, 2013

At the zoo - with Beth

Ok, I must say that I am super excited to be writing my first blog post as a design team member for D-lish Scraps! It's a store that I have long admired and I love all the little bits and pieces in the store. I'd like to say I have a favourite product, but I can't. They're all awesome.

One thing you'll find with my scrapping is that it is not very technique driven. In fact I'm too consumed with the design of a layout, that I often forget to do simple things like mist the background! For me, it's all about the symmetry and the design. I find that I enjoy the process of creating a layout the most, which is why it can take me hours to complete just one simple page.

Here's my first layout I created:


My process is simple. I choose my base piece of patterned paper and the side I want my photo on. Then I add pieces of paper until I am satisfied with the overall placement of the patterned paper.
 
I also do little tricks to save paper. For example, the green piece of Dear Lizzy paper is one of my favourites, so instead of cutting a large rectangle, I just cut two small strips and poke them out the top and the bottom to give it the effect that it is a large piece of paper.
 
Then I glue it together, measure it so it is in the middle, stick it down and then I start building the embellishments. This time I added the washi tape, you'll notice that it is in the middle of the top and bottom edges. I also drew a border around my base cardstock to finish it off.
 
Materials list:
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Beth! The colours are so bright, bold and funky. Such a fun, fun layout of what looks like a fun day! It doesn't need anything else, its perfect just the way it is. Love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete