Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Almost 7 months old .. with Alz


Hi! It’s Alz again with a layout created just for D-lish Scraps with loads of yummy D-lish Scraps embellishments.

almost 7 months old
published in Scrapbook Creations Issue 104

Everything except the patterned paper, mixed media 'stuff', vintage lace trim I scored in a swap and a chipboard number, is from D-lish Scraps. As suggested in my last post, I had put together a few of my own ‘Just Add Paper’ kits recently and again I cannot stress how easy it is to scrap (and shop!) this way.


I had a play with the Embossed Stickers (Borders & Brackets) on this layout and was surprised to find that despite their ‘plastic-like’ surface, they took the Tim Holtz Distress Inks I used very well. I can’t wait to play with the Embossed Stickers with other inks and sprays. I’ll keep you posted.

I also wanted to add an extra, smaller photo in a pocket but only had the Small Kraft Bags, which were too small. Not a problem! I used two and by cutting a tiny slice from the inside of each bag was able to then join them together with Washi Tape and add them to the layout and no-one would be any the wiser. With hindsight, I could have just used the one, sliced open, bag as the way my layout came together, you can only see half my finished bag anyways. Oh well.

Although a ‘hair accessory finding’ I love the Bobby Pins for attaching embellishments to and then sliding them onto a part of my layout. On this particular page I attached a White Gardenia to an Antique Bronze Bobby Pin and then slid that onto my photo. Personally, I think it’s the attention to these sorts of small details that can really make your layout stand out.

Oh and if you like to work with flowers, and don’t have any of the Forget Me Nots, then buy some. Now! LOL! They are the perfect size and shaped flowers for adding to a cluster without it being overloaded and for popping in here and there. Seriously you will love these gorgeous, little treasures!

Finally, if you don’t have a Motex labeller (or an older Dymo model) then you really, really need to get one, if only to use the Motex Clear Label refills. Seriously. I love that on this soft, shabby layout of our friends’ little girl that my journaling is legible in the background but does not detract from the photos.

That’s it from me today. I hope I’ve inspired you with some of my tips and techniques and that you get over to the shop (HERE) and pick up some of the products I’ve showcased. Even if only a Motex labeller and the Forget Me Not flowers!! Oh and some Bobby Pins. And some Gardenias. And, and, and ..

Alz   :)

products used

No comments:

Post a Comment