Wednesday, October 23, 2013

2nd Design team share with Kaitlynne

Well hello there.
 
 
Kaitlynne here again today to share some SMASH pages using some gorgeous D-Lish goodies. I started my daughters SMASH book late last year and have been hooked ever since...if you have not heard about SMASH books you can see what all the hype is about HERE.
 
I have 2 double spreads to share today, here is the first :
 

 
SMASH pages are so easy to whip up especially when you have great little embellies at the ready!
 
I have used the following D-Lish goodies:
The rest of this spread was made with Elle's Studio.
 

    
The chevron bags look great and hold lots of photos.
 

 
The motex strip not only worked as a tittle/journalling it helped hold the bunting on too!
 
 
I have a few teeny photo's tucked into the small kraft bag. With a little washi on a papr clip they pull right out easily.
 
Next is a SMASH page I created for the Life in Details Challenge Blog. D-Lish goodies were perfect embellishments for the colours in this SMASH page. 
 
 
There are no patterned papers in sight for this page, Washi tape and a few pretties and it was done!
Here are the D-Lish goodies I have used:
 
 
Sometimes I find that journalling and tittles don't need too much embellishments if they are the focus of the page.
 

I used a small glue dot to attatch the flower and craft glue for the button.
 
 
For the background I stamped some of the hearts in paint and the other half in ink to make them stand out.



The motex tape is simply stuck down on the chipboard shape.

 
 
 For the bobby pin, I cut the center of the crochet flower off with very small pointy scissors and carfully threaded the bobby pin through one of the holes and finished it off with a Dew Drop.

I hope you have enjoyed my D-Lish shares today and remember SMASH books are just the same as any paper crafting you do so these tips are universal.
I look forward to sharing with you again next month!
Happy Crafting and thanks for stopping in!
Kait x 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing smash album you have and the embellishments work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages look lovely, and I do not know much about smash books, but they look lots of fun and look like a quick page to do when you need a scrap fix!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOVE the pop of green up top, & that glassine bag....& the owl badge!!! HEAVEN...gorgeous work, Kaitlynne, really LOVE these pages:)::)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaitlynne I love, love, LOVE your Smash album. The D-lish Scraps embellishments look perfect for it. I might have to consider a Smash album for 2014!!! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete