Saturday, August 10, 2013

Chevron Bags Mini Album by Michelle

Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday!

Today I am going to share with you a mini album I created using the Chevron Bags - Rainbow Mix in the store.  How cute are these bags!!  They come in a rainbow mix of 11 different colours which makes them so versatile for different projects.   I like using them as part of my layering on layouts but I thought they would make a super cute paper bag album to showcase all the photos I have from one of my daughter's 2nd Birthday.  

To create the basis of my album I first picked out 4 bags in complementary colours to my photos.  But I wanted to tone down the colours in the chevrons as they are quite bright and also to add some texture to the background.  So, I gave the bags a light paint with some white gesso.

Once this was dry I then put all 4 bags together with their openings at one end and used my sewing machine to stitch down the spine to hold the bags together - it really was that easy!  Then I started decorating - I have kept the photos themselves just mounted onto some white or yellow cardstock - mainly because my almost 3 year old loves looking at them I didn't want them too heavily embellished as they were going to be slipped in and out of the album all the time. 

Here is the finished product:



 



Products used:  Chevron Bags - Rainbow Mix, Canvas Cuts - Butterfly, Star, Heart, Mini Two Tone Daisies Resin Grab Bag, Chipboard Word Sheet- Together, Pastel Resin Hearts x 6,  Glittered Canvas Tape - Gold, Washi Tape - Pink Star, Freckled Fawn Wood Frame - Awesome, Flair - Jar of Hearts, Flair - Word Bursts Pastel, Embossed Sticker Brackets & Borders, Paper Doilies - 16cm and 20cm Round, Seam vintage binding pink, fabric brads x 3

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  I will be back tomorrow with a couple more layouts using the gorgeous D'lish Scraps embellishments.

//Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. I have done paper bag albums before but these are so cute.

    ReplyDelete