Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Raquel Bowman - June Design Team Share


Raquel's Blog: A Blessed Life 


Today I have three pages to share with you using some absolutely awesome D-lish Scraps products. I loved all my new goodies I had to play with this month and couldn't help myself and ended up placing another order when the gorgeous sequin bows and hearts arrived in store too :)

I mean just look at the colour combo of washi that I ordered! This seriously is just the best and I could happily just sit and look at it all day, lol.


Anyways, I'm here to share so here is my first page. I created this page for the June Show us Your Stuff challenge. The challenge was to use the quote 'Laugh as much as you breathe and love as much as you live'. I created the title on my silhouette cameo and designed the page purely with Heidi Swapp papers and my D-lish goodies. 

REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION


D-lish Scraps Products Used: 


Other Products:
Papers: Kraft Card stock. White Cardstock,  Heidi Swapp 'Serendipity' Papers
Alphabet: October Afternoon Mini Market
Other: American Crafts Roller Date Stamp, Sewing Machine and white thread.


 Here is a close up of the sequin trim, so easy to manipulate into flourishes and shapes. Also the seam binding, viola and resin forget me not. 






Another close up, you can see here I have used a heart button and another resin forget me not (love both these items).



recently brought the 'Atlantic' range by Studio Calico and thought that the papers would compliment my D-lish goodies beautifully.


This layout was completed 'just cos' and doesn't fit any particular challenge or theme, but of course features a photo of my little girl. I have so many photos to get through with scrapping that I am so pleased that I am slowly getting through my storytelling, one layout at a time :)


D-lish Scraps Products Used: 
Loose Cup Sequin Mix - Bright 
Clever Sequin Pick-up Pencil 
Washi Masking Tape - Tiny Gold Triangles 
Washi Masking Tape - Peach Triangles 
Washi Masking Tape - Gold Repeating Chevron 
Shipping Tags - Manilla - Large 
Dew Drops - Arrows 
Bitty Blooms - White 
Bobby Pins - Antique Bronze x 2 
Filigree Flower Centres x 10 
Medium Resin Rose Grab Bag 

Products Used: 
Card stock: White
Paper: AC Studio Calico 'Atlantic', AC Studio Calico 'Sundrifter' Vellum
Embellishments: AC Dear Lizzy Gold Thickers, AC Studio Calico 'Gold Stars', Little Yellow Bicycle Journal Tag
Other: AC Studio Calico Star Mask, AC Gold 'Zing' Embossing Powder, AC Studio Calico Mister Huey mist, sewing machine and gold thread, typewriter, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and staples, AC Studio Calico Date stamp

Here are some close ups: 

I used the gorgeous peach triangle and gold repeating chevron washi, white bitty blooms and some gold sequins from the bright sequin mix. 

More bitty blooms and sequins 


I love love love anything metallic at the moment, these Freckled Fawn arrows compliment the page beautifully.


I created arrows with the gold triangle washi by cutting large triangles. 


Lastly is this 'Maggie' inspired pin which you can create using goodies that are available in the D-lish Store! How awesome is that?!? Want to know how? I have taken some pictures of the process I followed so you can head into the D-lish store and stock up ready to create your own :)




Mini Tutorial - 'Maggie' inspired pin

Products needed from the D-lish Store:

1. Take a bobby pin, filigree flower centre and a medium resin rose. 


2. Apply an adhesive like glossy accents to the back of the resin rose and adhere it to the filigree centre. Allow to dry. 


3. Apply adhesive to the bobby pin and stick it to the back of the flower centre. 


And there you have it, a gorgeous clip! What I love is that you can customise the clips to suit your colour combos by the resin rose that you choose :)

My last page is one I created based on the June 1st Sketch at Stuck! Sketches. I find sketches are a great 'go to' when I am finding that my mojo has vanished momentarily. You can see the sketch here. I used the gorgeous new Rhonna range from My Minds Eye, these bright papers worked so beautifully with my D-lish embellishments that I have chosen here. 

REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION

D-lish Products Used:

Other Products Used:
Cardstock: White, Black
Papers: My Mind's Eye
Embellishments: My Minds Eye Enamel dots and stickers, October Afternoon mini market alpha stickers.
Other: Staples, Tiny Attacher, Mister Huey Mist, sewing machine and silver thread. 

I am loving the new sequin bows, so so adorable. 


The Freckled Fawn veneers are so easy to attach with a stapler. I also cut a small banner out of the silver glitter tape as I felt I needed a splash of silver on that side of the page. 


Well I decided to create another little how to as the pegs and chipboard chevrons were just calling out for a bit of bling! :)

Using glitter tape to alter pegs and chipboard

1. Cut a strip of tape to the size of the item you wish to alter and peel off the backing to reveal the adhesive.


2. Adhere your items to the tape and using a craft knife trim off the excess tape.  


Here it is used on my layout to hold my hidden journalling. 


That's it! Easy Peasy :) I also used this for the chipboard chevron. 



Well I hope my layouts and techniques have inspired you to shop at the D-lish store and stock up on all the lovely new goodies and, of course, to scrap :)

See you all again next month with some more layouts!

Take care,

Raquel, xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment