Sunday, June 2, 2013

Amanda Lawrence - Project share

I've probably told you this a million times already, but I LOVE MY JOB! I love it for so many different reasons; the flexibility it offers, the sense of pride I have, the smiles on my customers faces, just to name a few. I also love that I get to spend my days surrounded by pretty things. It's not always easy mind you, the hours are long and it can be very stressful finding the happy work/life/mum balance when it's all in the home. Weekends are so important, not only do I get to switch off from the everyday and spend time with my family, I also manage to sneak in a little creative time for me. For me, it's important not to just sell the products but be passionate about them. 95% of what I use on my pages is from D-lish and to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way! 

Here's one of my latest creations, Swing High:


It's no secret that I am a fan of bright colours, so when I saw this new range of papers from Echo Park I just knew they had to come home with me!


I used my MoTEX label maker to add some journaling and the date. I love the cute effect of cutting the ends of the tape into banners. 


I am totally loving the range of micro chipboard from Memory Maze that is available in the store. I'm personally not a fan of big chipboard pieces so this smaller range of designs is just perfect for me. I've used the chevron arrows, mini cameras and heart pack on this layout. I added one of the small heart rhinestones to the lens area of the camera. 


The clusters are made up of a viola and a hydrangea petal with a pearl bead cluster in the centre. 

Another page I made recently is Mother and Daughter which I created for the Memory Maze blog hop. 


Again I used my MoTEX for the journaling, this time I used the clear tape which I backed with washi. This instantly gives the look of having patterned tape. I did a quick tutorial showing how simple it is to do, stop by the facebook page if you want to see for yourself.


I love to make smaller clusters of embellishments. This one includes a medium rose and a pearl daisy cabochon. You can just see in the background the chipboard doiley which I handstiched all the detail in. Yes, time consuming but well worth the effort. 


The peekaboo style areas were backfilled with strips of washi tape. These clusters include; a daisy, medium rose, lilies and another pearl daisy cabochon

One last share for today is this page titled Hello there Sonshine:


A very simple style layout that pops against the black background. 


I used some of the Freckled Fawn wood chips to scatter across the page towards the strips of washi tape


I added my journaling to a Journal It's Chevron Journal which I layered with a Memory Maze chipboard mini film reel and a Freckled Fawn Dew Drop arrow


Under the title I used a chipboard arrow, also from Memory Maze, which I simply wrapped some cotton twine around. 

Well that's it for today. I hope you can gain some inspiration from the pages I have created and further see the flexibility the the range of products that D-lish Scraps stocks.

To keep up to date with all things happening in the store be sure to follow our facebook page. I have some great new ranges to share with you all VERY soon. 

Till next time
Amanda x

3 comments:

  1. Loving all the stitching here Amanda ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the bright fun colours!!! Great stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute layouts Amanda! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete